Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make all my bar chart same height , so that i can view the % changes over the year

Hi All

mY cHART 1 now is correct , but i am not able to make the bar all same height.

Hope some one can advise me.

Paul

28 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Do you wanna this?

Regards

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Manuel

Many thank for your help , it work fine now. After i check your profile , you are high post in QV , no wonder your expression is so powerful , that i am still unable to figure out how you make it work.

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I'm dividing x versus z, and the other expression rest 1 the result of this division. If you put the same name you've given the above expression, on the same chart, collect the result of that expression for each dimension value.

Regards!

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Manuel

Now i understand how it work now . I also spot some issue , i manage to change the following :-

1) Convert the eXP and rEVENUE to YTD amount instead of now is sum amount, So that i manage to make it able to compare the ratio by company.

2) I also remove the IF , by change the eXP*1 to eXP *1

Many Thank and i can apply the same approach for other ratio. So all chart will look perfect.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

One more point is , i am able to make it work in QS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it in QlikSense with this:

Expr1: IF(Sum({<eXP={"eXP"}>}Amount*-1)/Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1)>1,1,Sum({<eXP={"eXP"}>}Amount*-1)/Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1))

Expr2: 1 - IF(Sum({<eXP={"eXP"}>}Amount*-1)/Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1)>1,1,Sum({<eXP={"eXP"}>}Amount*-1)/Sum({<rEVENUE={"rEVENUE"}>}Amount*1))

Change name of first expression on second expression by expression 1 content.

If you want to do it YTD, make it on Set Analysis: QlikView App: Simple Year To Date Example (Set Analysis)

Regards!

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Manuel

Thank you for your reply again.

I already manage to create the chart using QS with SET expression and it work fine now.

By the way may i know why you need to make use of IF ?

See my expression with out using the IF , i just change the eXP*1 to eXP*-1 in order to remove the negative sign.

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use IF because if A/B is greather than 1, I will get 1, else I will get the result of A/B.

With that check I discard that have negative values

Regards

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Manuel

Good idea . This way I can plot those ratio with + and - %

Paul

Sent from my iPhone