Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bizarre Section Access behavior, users get Access is denied.

I've configured Section Access in my document to restrict data on the REGION field.

However, if any of the REGION field values specified in my Section Access for any USER do not exist, the document will say, "Access is denied to this QlikView document" whenever I try to login as a user.

If I specify only existing REGION field values, I can login as a user, but no matter which user I choose I initially get the data restricted to one of the other users. A reload solves the problem.

If I add new users/admins to the Section Access, they are not recognized until I remove Section Access, save and re-open the file, and then put section access back in.

See the attached document for this strange behavior. Look in the script for notes on how to make the behavior appear. Admin userid/password is ralph/ralph.

I am using QlikView 10 SR1. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I had to add the data as a separate post since QV forums only let you send one upload per post. See attached data.

Alos, I've looked at the discussion here, but it doesn't address these issues: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/28284.aspx