Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caccio88
Creator II
Creator II

Configuring an automatic reload twice a month with the QlikView Management Console?

Hi guys,

what I would like to do is to set that my app will be reloaded on the 1st day of the month and on the 15th of the same month.

On the management console I don't have this chance, but only every day, week, month...

So I thought to set the reload every day and change something in my script that doesn't really reload the app if is not the 1st day of the month and on the 15th of the same month, but I simply don't know how...

Any idea?

Thank u all.

Filiberto

stalwar1swuehlgwassenaar

24 Replies
caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

You're right Manuel. But I haven't got a publisher.

Thank you so much anyway.

Colin-Albert

Another way to achieve the same result is to add this at the start of your load script so the script exits cleanly on the "wrong" days.

// Abort reload if day <> 1 or Day <> 15

If not match(day(Today(), 1, 15) then

trace === Not Day 1 or 15  Reload not run === ;

exit script ;

end if ;

trace === Reload Data === ;

<< Your Reload Script Continues here... >>

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

swuehl‌ is correct as always.

If the script does not execute, the model will be empty.

This version will force an error, so DistributionTask will rollback last data

IF Day(Today()) <> 1 and  Day(Today()) <> 15 then

STORE nonexistingtable into foobar.qvd(qvd);

ENDIF

// your script goes here

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

One question cleveranjos‌:

If I use your solution and the reload starts today (June 14), the app loads anything , but in this way I can't display what I've loaded at the 1st of June. Is it clear what I'm talking about?

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yep. I think that's my scenario...

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Solutions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry, but with the IF solution you will lost your data model.

Other way is create a task on Windows, and reload with a bat.

Other way too, you can do binary reloads, with one app for the model and other file with app. In this case, you can get failed model on days that aren't 1 or 15, but your app don't will be affected.

Regards!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I've used something similar in the past, but then ended up with failed tasks in the status bar and email alerts.

Maybe it's possible to work around the empty data model using a partial reload (is this even possible without the publisher?).

I am now using EDX tasks for these kind of requests. It's pretty simple to setup using the command line executable and the windows scheduler offers more options than the non-publisher QMC.

Colin-Albert

Store all your tables to QVD on completion of a successful reload on the 1st & 15th.

On other days just load the data from the existing QVDs.

This avoids having errors which will indicate a failed load tasks in the QMC and possibly generate failure emails.

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

When you talk about binry reloads, what do you mean exactly? Do Do you mean to create 2 apps?