Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caccio88
Creator II
Creator II

Configuring an automatic reload twice a month with the QlikView Management Console?

Hi guys,

what I would like to do is to set that my app will be reloaded on the 1st day of the month and on the 15th of the same month.

On the management console I don't have this chance, but only every day, week, month...

So I thought to set the reload every day and change something in my script that doesn't really reload the app if is not the 1st day of the month and on the 15th of the same month, but I simply don't know how...

Any idea?

Thank u all.

Filiberto

stalwar1swuehlgwassenaar

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Filiberto,

You will have two apps. One app with the script, and other with the design.

Binary reload is a reload that import one app to another, for re-use data models.

The sintax is Binary Route/YourApp.qvw;

Regards!

Colin-Albert

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data.

It does not load the layout information or variables.

Only one binary statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first line of a script.

binary c:\qv_files\test.qvw ;

caccio88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

swuehl‌ noway without using EDX?

Anonymous
Not applicable

EDX has a problem with some servers and long processes, because it loses the process ID and generates very long logs of executable and gives the task completed as erroneous. You must create executables that do not read the result of EDX and search results in the logs.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Manuel, are these issues related to the EDX reload trigger?

Filiberto, not sure what you are requesting, there is at least one possible alternative discussed here in this thread.