Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Whether this graphic is possible in QlikView? If possible then using which chart?

Hi

I just wanted to know whether this kind of graphic(attached) is possible in qv9 or qv10. I heard that could be possible with the help of "Mekko Chart" which is available only in qv10 not in anyother previous version.

If this above said graphic is possible then please let me know using which chart and which version of qlikview we can do that.

It is little urgent for me so please help me out on this.

49 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Aha! Multiple dimensions...OK, now I get it. Yes, QlikView is not very good with multiple dimension bar charts. But, you can use a straight table, like you have suggested, and in that straight table, you can have dummy expressions and color them accordingly, using the color options on each of the expressions. This way you could simulate what you need. I can probably put together an example, but it will take me some time, since I have other things to do as well. Let me know if you need it.

PS1: If you color the expression font and background color the same, they will look like bars.

PS2: Sorry about all these suggested answers. I keep pressing that button thinking it's to be used to answer a question. 🙂

PS3: ...and if you are willing to try the bar chart, you could have an aggregated dimension, where you concatenate your 4 dimensions and they show as one. For exampe: [Employee Department] & ' - ' & [Employee Name] & ' - ' & [Employee Role] & ' - ' & [Something else...].

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

Very happy to know that you understood what exactly that has to be done. I understood what you have said as I have never done that before it could be better if you can put all your points in an example whenever you are free. It could be helpful for me.

I know you must be busy doing your task so please do it only when you are free.

I can wait for your example file!

Not applicable
Author

OK, here's something quick, but it should get you going in the directions that I meant. Let me know which one do you prefer and if you need a more detailed example?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

Thanks for your effort. Got stuck with some other work. Will look into it later on.

Just a guess...

I had a quick look at it and found that the color which you were specified is depends on the expression. But whereas in my case I think it is coming from the dimension which has not been specified in the straight table. This is dimension not there in the straight table itself. That dimension(field) such as started,progress,completed,etc.

Hope you have understood now. Will give clear idea by tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Not applicable
Author

Of course...this was just a lead, not a solution... 🙂 You can figure out the coloring and the details I hope.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

Yes I know that it is just a lead for me to proceed further :-). As I could overcome with that I expected solution for the same:-).

Yes I am able to figure out the coloring details. Using the below table you are passing the color details. Hope I am right

LOAD * INLINE [
Employee, Color
Mark, 1
Carl, 2
Alen, 3
];

Also I had a look at the Getting Started --> U.S. Presidents --> Pivot Table --> Historical Party Movements (by Sequence No.). This is also looks some thing similar to what I am looking for isn't it? I that are you able to figure it out from where the colors are coming in the chart. I couldn't find it out.

Also I have heard that this chart which we are working is a already there in the qv10. Is that true? I heard that it can be done with Mekko or Gannt Chart. Any idea about that?

If you don't have any idea I am ok with the solution that you given. But still needs to work on it further.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, this is how I'm generating them and then I'm using them in the "Font Color" & "Background Color" of my expressions. It's those properties that you need to tweak to your needs.

Gannt Chart is available through an extension and it doesn't come out-of-the-box with QV10. You will have to either find that extension or make it yourself, which will require some programing of the extension.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

What do you mean by extension? Do you mean to say that it is not available with the Personal Edition. Is it something which we need to purchase? Also as you said it is findable then please let me know how to find the same. I am really sorry for the silly questions

By the way finally got to know how they are bringing the color in the U.S. Presidents. I missed that out! Sorry...

Not applicable
Author

You can check it here: http://demo10.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Extension%20Examples.qvw

You will need to read up on the extensions topic in QV10.

Not applicable
Author

iassen wrote:
You can check it here: http://demo10.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Extension%20Examples.qvw
You will need to read up on the extensions topic in QV10. <div></div>

Thanks Iassen! That was important link. Atlast I have installed all the possible extension for my desktop.

By the way after looking into the "Gantt Chart" looks like the above requirement should be possible. What do you say? Have you added anything in your example application :-). If yes please share it with me.

Now I will try to look into the Gantt Chart and will update you on this.