Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrown229
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error in expression: ')' expected

Hi all,

Just signed up as the above error is driving me crazy. Fairly new to Qlik but I've been through what I can from searching the answer and nothings worked so far. Hoping its something simple!

I've loaded my 2 sets of data into a temp table (tmp) and now looking to bring that back with some extra calculations tagged on.

currently have the below:

data:

Load

BusType,

Division,

Region,

Area,

BusinessUnitName as [Business],

[Description] as [PY BusType],

if(BusType = 'Renewal', addyears([EffectiveDate],1), EffectiveDate) as [Effective Date],

PolicyRef,

OriginalDebt,

Commission,

PCL as PremiumCredit,

TerminationDate,

TermCode,

if(BusType = 'Renewal', if(TermCode <> 'canc-led',1, if(Termcode is NULL,1,0)), if Termcode IS NULL,1,0) as [Invited]

// if((termcode is null or (termcode = 'MTC')) and BusType = 'Renewal', 1, 0) as [Renewed],

// if(TermCode = 'Canc-led', 1, 0) as [Cancelled],

// if(TermCode = 'Lapsed', 1, 0) as [Lapsed]

resident tmp;

drop Table tmp;

The 4th if statement from the bottom if the one giving me issues. Originally this was something like

IF ((BusType = 'Renewal' and TermCode <> 'canc-led') or Termcode is NULL, 1, 0) as [Invited]

but it didn't seem to like the 'and' in the statement so following some reading I made it a nested if.

I don't think I've missed any ')' in there.. The other commented out if statements will need to be added too but I'm tackling one at a time so I know where my culprits are! (if there's anything wrong with those anyone can spot please let me know too)

Thanks everyone!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

if(BusType = 'Renewal', if(TermCode <> 'canc-led',1, if(IsNull(Termcode),1,0) ), if(Isnull(Termcode),1,0) )

as [Invited]

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

if(BusType = 'Renewal', if(TermCode <> 'canc-led',1, if(IsNull(Termcode),1,0) ), if(Isnull(Termcode),1,0) )

as [Invited]

sunny_talwar

May be this might work:

If((BusType = 'Renewal' and (TermCode not Like 'canc-led')) or Len(Trim(Termcode)) = 0, 1, 0) as [Invited]

abrown229
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

swuehl‌, you absolute legend!

I re wrote the next if statement using that logic too and the whole script is working now.

Thanks very much!