Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Whether this graphic is possible in QlikView? If possible then using which chart?

Hi

I just wanted to know whether this kind of graphic(attached) is possible in qv9 or qv10. I heard that could be possible with the help of "Mekko Chart" which is available only in qv10 not in anyother previous version.

If this above said graphic is possible then please let me know using which chart and which version of qlikview we can do that.

It is little urgent for me so please help me out on this.

49 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you have the "Gantt Chart" extension, then yes, but that is an extension, and I am not sure where can you get it from, because it's not coming with QV10. Not sure what do you mean if I have added anything? The link I sent you was just a link on the demo site of QlikTech, so it's not my file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

After installing all the extension other than WebPageViewer. I am able to see the Gantt Chart in my Destop but looks to be WebView only :-(. So does it means that we cannot create the Gantt Chart in our application with the help of Personal Edition? As I am not able to see Gantt Chart i the chart type. I am able to see only the Mekko chart only which is only new thing which I am able to see when compared to the previous version(qv9). Do you have any idea about it? Can't we create Gantt Chart using Personal Edition(qv10).?

Please do reply only when you are free. I don't want to disturb you much.

Not applicable
Author

From your questions I understand that you didn't take the time to read up on the extensions, as I advised you in one of my previous posts. All your questions are related to that. Yes, extensions are only visible in web-mode and yes, you can create objects using extensions, only if you have the extension objects. At this point, I will be re-writing the QV10 help, so please refer to it for any further questions. Here on this site you can also find info about the extensions.

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

iassen wrote:
If you have the "Gantt Chart" extension, then yes, but that is an extension, and I am not sure where can you get it from, because it's not coming with QV10. Not sure what do you mean if I have added anything? The link I sent you was just a link on the demo site of QlikTech, so it's not my file. <div></div>

I just double clicked on the extension which is there in the following path as specified in the link provided by you

Path: Program Files\QlikView\Examples

I just wanted to knoe have you added anything in the example(solution) which you have provided it to me for the help which I have asked for. I do know that this is a link from demo site of QlikTech :-).

By the way do you mean to say that If we have the extension then the chart which I was looking for can be done with the help of Gantt Chart. Is that what you have meant?

I am so sorry to take so much time of yours. No need to spend much time to give solution for me when you are busy. You can do it only when you are free!

Not applicable
Author

iassen wrote:
From your questions I understand that you didn't take the time to read up on the extensions, as I advised you in one of my previous posts. All your questions are related to that. Yes, extensions are only visible in web-mode and yes, you can create objects using extensions, only if you have the extension objects. At this point, I will be re-writing the QV10 help, so please refer to it for any further questions. Here on this site you can also find info about the extensions.
Good luck!<div></div>

I am so sorry as I was in hurry I didn't get time to read it properly. What I have understood by reading the above post is that extension which are available in the installation folder is just to view the chart(Gantt) if we want to create the objects then we need to but the extension. Am I right? Sorry If I am wrong! I wrote this post before reading the link that you have provided. Now I am going to read it again!

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, but you lost me. So far I have given you 3 options:

1. Use the table. (in my file)

2. Use the chart. (in my file)

3. Use the Gantt Chart. (in the demo site and you need the extension object in order to develop objects)

It's up to you which way you choose, but keep in mind that:

- 1 & 2 you can do out-of-the-box with any version of QV.

- 3 you can only do if you have the extension object and I am not sure where you can get it from.

That's all that I can do for you. Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

I didn't lost you! I just got confused as I got some other work in between. But any I totally agree with you. It was my mistake.

I am also not sure from where I shall get the extension object. As it is creating some confusion.

I will try to work on with the example(1&2) file that you have given. Hope it will works fine for me.

I really appreciate your support that you have given to solve this issue. Very glad to find person like you in the forum.

Not applicable
Author

Great! Good luck! 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

Based on your example I have come up with something but couldn't proceed further. Need your help again if you have free time.

In the attached application I would like to add the start and end date after A5. Problem is that as per the data if I add the from and to date after A5 it is showing it as a 3 rows. I want to display only one row as show in the attached sample(without from and to date). I mean if I add from and to date to this it should display as the same output that has been show in the current one.

If it is not understandable then please do let me know.

Not applicable
Author

So, if in one row you have more than one (Open, Closed & Pending), which dates should show as start and end?