Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of calculation memory

I am trying to bring in the salesforce data to Qliksense desktop and the data is in two or more objects in salesforce.

Q1) Should I link the objects based on a common field or will the Qlik salesforce connector automatically do it for me?

Q2) Sometimes it gives me "Out of Calculation memory" How do i resolve this? I have about 200,000 records in one object and 17,000 records in another.

6 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Can you tell a little bit more about the data model. I guess there are many overlapping fields (fields with same name in both tables) leading into a big synthetic key. Tables should be linked by one field only. So you need to create a composite key to link the tables.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Do i need to actively link the tables or does qlik sense does it automatically? I have never linked them before but they were able to somehow link themselves.

What more information can i provide?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Tables are linked automatically by field with same name. But if you have multiple fields with same name it creates a synthetical key which is kind of a table inbetween the both tables containing all combinations of values of all matching fields. This calculation can lead into a memory issue (my guessing here). Best practice is to have only a single field to link tables..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Looks like I have more than one field joined. How do i get rid of the extra one? Also why did it create an extra block down below? Thanks

2016-06-14_11h48_20.png

arnould_it
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

the same problem appears also with a correct "star schema" data model (without synthetical keys) with a normal volume of data (tens of thousand records).

I'm using a "table" object including 8 dimensions and 4 columns, set analysis and normal calculation.

Very strange. I work with QlikView from several years and Qlik Sense from 2 years, it's the first time that I encounter this issue with Sense.

Maybe it's something desired by the company, to limit the indiscriminate use of calculations.

In fact, Sense is not a "reporting BI tool".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is no synthetical key in my data model. However, Out of calculation memory happens to a table and a map in the Qlik app.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!