Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laxmanqlik
Creator II
Creator II

forcasting in qliksense

can we do forecasting of sales with respect to year in qlik sense,

if yes please suggest me a way to get it

11 Replies
mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes you can. There are many ways of Forecasting. For example in the script as a part of your data model. Actual sales data is expanded with forecast data provided by the sales team. Another option is to base your forecast on the variables in your sales actuals (like unit price and units sold). By modifying those variables in script and/or front end you can create some basic forcasting and what-if scenario’s.

By making use of the statistical function of Qlik Sense (see the Qlik Sense help: Statistical Aggregation Functions) you can bring forecasting to a much higher level.

It’s all depending on what your requirements are and what data you have.

Cheers,

Michiel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Laxman,

You can use variable extension in qliksense to do your forecasting.. I have developed a sample app to use input box, slider and list box to do forecasting .. Please find attached..

Thanks

laxmanqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi chandra,

i didn't find any attachment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is attached the sample qvf are you not able to open... resending

Not applicable

Hello Chandra!

And thanks for the file, but unfortunately, there are parts of it that shows errors. I guess, I, maybe, don't have all the tools or visualization (extension)  required to use your apps (?).

Thanks in advance for your assistance Chandra!

QlikSampleStat.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tremblay,

You have to download the extension from GitHub - erikwett/qsVariable: Variable extension for Qlik Sense

and then once it appears in your charts then the app will work.. Please download and save it in the extension folder of your c drive after unzipping the downloaded folder..

Thanks

Not applicable

Works Great!!

and Thanks for the example!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Laxman,

unfortunately, Qlik Sense doesn't come with an integrated forcasting algorithm like other BI vendors. At this year's Qonnections I showed a Time Series Forcasting extension using Tripple Exponential Smoothing (Holt-Winters Approach). But this is far a way from a productive state. However, you can wait until the server-side extensions will be available (probably in v3.1) so you can easily integrate R or other engines for calculation any forcasting method.

In the meantime you can contact me directly to get more details on my extension..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

That's more or less a what-if calculation, nor a forecasting method..

Astrato.io Head of R&D