Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Whether this graphic is possible in QlikView? If possible then using which chart?

Hi

I just wanted to know whether this kind of graphic(attached) is possible in qv9 or qv10. I heard that could be possible with the help of "Mekko Chart" which is available only in qv10 not in anyother previous version.

If this above said graphic is possible then please let me know using which chart and which version of qlikview we can do that.

It is little urgent for me so please help me out on this.

49 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

I am also not much clear as what has to be done. As they just wanted us to show some presentation(real time) on this. I think if one row has more than one value I think it should show the value(color) according to the date. Start and end date is just to show when the work has started and completed.

Not applicable
Author

So, the start date should be the date it was opened and the end date should be the date it was closed?

Not applicable
Author

Yes timeline should be based on from and to date and where as the color shold be based on the status.

For example:

Status StartDate EndDate TimeLine(Bar/Color)

Start 01/10/2011 10/10/2011 Bar/Color should be from (01/10/2011 to 10/10/2011)

End 01/10/2011 01/10/2011 Bar/Color should be from (01/10/2011 to 01/10/2011)

Progress 02/10/2011 02/10/2011 Bar/Color should be from (02/10/2011 to 02/10/2011)

If anything is not understandable please let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Iassen

I am only sure about the time line. It is depends upone the start and and end date.

But I am not at all sure whether the color of the bar is dependent on status. Looks like it is not dependent on the Status which is there in the existing report. Looks like it is something which is not there in the existing report(Dimension which is not there in the report).

I think it could be some field which more or less like status only which determine the color of the bar.

Sorry to confuse you last time.

Not applicable
Author

The status you can add by adding your A4 dimension to the table.

The start & end dates you will have to generate in your loading script for each combination of dimensions using the MIN and MAX aggregation functions.

Not applicable
Author

I think we can assume that bar color is dependent on one field some like status. Imagine if that field contain A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 AND A6. I think color could be based this status repectively.

This is just my assumption!

Not applicable
Author

Iassen Ivanov wrote:
The status you can add by adding your A4 dimension to the table.
The start & end dates you will have to generate in your loading script for each combination of dimensions using the MIN and MAX aggregation functions. <div></div>

Status is already been added. I said color should be based on the status and later found that it is wrong.

Yes I know that is has to be generated from the script. But for time being could you please add some sample data(Not need to use min and max I think as I think we have a field which give the start and end date) and give some solution for my problem.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the problem. If you will have start and end dates, just load those fields and add them as two new dimensions to the table and they will show.

Not applicable
Author

Yes start date and end date will be displayed in the report there is no doubt with that. Only thing which I wanted to do is. If the start date is 1st jan and end date is 17th jan then bar should start from 1st jan to 17th jan and color of the bar should be based on the field which contains the value (A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 and A6).

Hope it is understandable now. If not please look in to the screen shot which I have attached.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, your color can be a function of all or part of the fields, that's no problem as long as your expression returns an RGB result. Check your sample modified. I have used ready-made colors available in QV such as RED(), GREEN(), YELLOW(), etc. but you can also create custom colors by using some of the coloring functions available in QV such as RBG(), COLOR(), etc. You can check the coloring stuff in the help.