Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Reload taking too long

Hey folks!

I'm facing a real problem.

My Qlikview document uses incremental load; in the first run it usually takes 3-4 minutes, and after the that (qvds already generated), the document usually takes 30 sec-2 min (maximum) to execute offline (I mean, if I open it and manually execute it). Once I put the document on the server, the run time varies from 1-2 minutes to some hours! There is no reason for this to happen, and it has never happened before. We have already restarted the server, it seemed to get better on first run but now it seems to be the same. I have absolutely no idea of what could cause this. Any help is much appreciated. qmc.PNG

Cheers,

Inês

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Inês,

Could you attach two execution logs? One of normal execution and one of slow execution.

Thanks!

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi there,

The file "Load Urgências.qvw.2016_06_15_08_31_50" is the normal one, and the file "Load Urgências.qvw" is the slow one. However, for the slow execution, it started at 06:19, although the log file started to be generated at 07:05...

I'm sorry that field names are in portuguese

Thanks in advance.

Inês

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Inês,

Dont worry about field names.

Why you are loading less tables on Slowly?

There was another task reloading when slowly has started?

Regards!

Not applicable

Sounds to me like you might no have any available Engines (QVB). Check (or post) the matching TaskLog.txt

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hey, these are the matching task logs...

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi! I guess that's because of my incremental load. If the table is already there (like the calendar, which is generated once per day) it will not load the table again. I have several other tasks running at the same time, but they seem to be running fine...

Not applicable

Are you sure? Looks more like document logs to me. Referring to TaskLog.txt usually located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\[NODEID]\Log\[DATE]\[Time] - [Task name]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, you have some tasks at same time, and this task cannot start to load because there are not more Engines to do it. Could you attach the task log? The same log that you view on management console.

Regards!!

inescastelhano
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sorry, I didn't get it here it is, one of the slow runs...