Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qliksense - Angular 2 (Typescript)

Hi folk,

i would like to know if it will be possible in the future to use Qliksense API's with Angular 2 and Typescript (Superset of JS).

How is the development road map of Qlik in that sense.

It would be interesting to know, also in purpose to create guided analytics with mashups and websites integration.

Thanks and reagrds,

Patric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Not that I'm aware of. It's a fairly substantial upgrade to move from 1.x to 2.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

The Capabilities APIs and Extension API is still part of the client which runs Angular 1.5 (as of 3.0) so you won't be able to squeeze Angular 2 in there most likely.

Typescript just compiles down to javascript anyhow. I don't there are typings available on defintlytyped so make sure to suppress any errors or the typescript compiler will complain

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the answer.

Do you know if Qlik development team has already planned for the future versions of Qliksense to move to Angular 2 ?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Not that I'm aware of. It's a fairly substantial upgrade to move from 1.x to 2.

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I tested a basic mashup with angular 2 in typescript, and it appears to work fine. I was able to interact with Qlik APIs without any issues. I did not test everything, but I was able to load a chart, get variables and lists.

Alexander, are you aware of specific things that would not be working?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

None that I know of, typescript compiles to javascript in the end so should work.

Not applicable

Do you have some example code?

lgarofalo12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alexander,

If you wouldn't mind, can you share the code ?  Thanks !

qlikssewarrior
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is an old thread, but worth trying again. @Alexander_Thor , any chance you could share your typescript code that calls Qlik APIs for extension development? Thanks!