Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table not found for STORE statement

Hi,

in my Loader QVW I have written a SQL statement with SELECT ... FROM and WHERE. Then I put the STORE statement to store the table read into a QVD. F.e.

Table1: SQL SELECT Code, Description, Rule FROM myDB.dbo.myTable WHERE myDB.dbo.myTable.Rule = 'A';

STORE Table1 INTO d:\qvdfiles\Tables.QVD;

When I reload the data I have an error message about "Table not found STORE Table1 INTO d:\qvdfiles\Tables.QVD"

In the script I have written other SQL SELECT + STORE statements with success.

Any helps to me to solve this issue, please? Thanks

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel.

I my reply I want to underline the importance of LOAD when it is used to create an aggregation rather than an alias to rename a field maintaning the original name in the SQL SELECT. However, it is clear, I will use the LOAD to get data from the QVD files. It seems less important to use LOAD before SQL SELECT only to rename a field with an alias.

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, why not.

You can code as you want. And indeed, using LOAD just for renaming (even more only for aggregating) is quite a poor use of the power of the LOAD statement. Anyway, QlikView will do that for you even if you don't use it. But if you take a look at the code samples posted in the forums, everyone in any moment needs some transformation that it's just no possible in the database or not supported by the ODBC. There is where LOAD allows you to control how the data is loaded, leaving the SQL as plain as possible so the Server is less stressed.

It's easier for me to do all changes in a load, so the information eventually stored in the QVD will not need any further change, and so the optimized load of QVD files works fully.

Regards.