Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Equating items closed by comparing current & prior day in script

Hi guys first time post, and new user to Qlik! I am making a graph to show number of items closed prior day by CCY.

I have the below script to compare the itemID from 2 files: current_day  & prior_day. It works fine, and allows me to count(closed); however, I need it to be more dynamic.

The idea is: if an item is on your current_day report and you resolve it, then tomorrow that item is not on your current_day report but should be on your prior_day.
If you flip it: items not on the prior_day report, but show on the current_day report are new items that should not be counted as resolved.

If <itemID> is on <prior_day>, and NOT on <current_day> (this would represent an item was closed, will need to be counted)
If <itemID> is on <current_day>, and NOT on <prior_day> (this would be a new item, and should not be counted)

Table1:
LOAD
itemID,
itemCCY
FROM 'lib://Source/Current Day/current_day.xlsx'(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data);

CONCATENATE
LOAD
itemID,
itemCCY
FROM 'lib://Source/Prior Day/prior_day.xlsx' (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data);

INNER JOIN (Table1)
LOAD *
WHERE "closed";

LOAD
itemID,
if(count(itemID)<2,-1) as "closed"
RESIDENT Table1
GROUP BY itemID;

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It sounds like NOT EXIST function. You can first load the Current_Day & Prior_Day table seperately

Tmp1:

LOAD

itemID,

itemID As itemID1,

itemCCY

FROM 'lib://Source/Current Day/current_day.xlsx'(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data);

NoConcatenate

Tmp2:

LOAD

itemID,

itemCCY

FROM 'lib://Source/Prior Day/prior_day.xlsx' (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data)

WHERE Not Exists(itemID1,itemID );  

And the other way around. Hope it makes sense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

add a flag in these two tables like this?

Table1:
LOAD
itemID,

'Current' as Flag,
itemCCY

CONCATENATE
LOAD
itemID,

'Prior' as Flag,
itemCCY
FROM 'lib://Source/Prior Day/prior_day.xlsx' (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data);

Then use this flag in your expression to differentiate Current & Prior...Hope this will help!