Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gokulnath2592
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get larger tables into PDF output format in Nprinting.

Hi All,

I have a pivot table in my Qlikview reports which has 15 columns and more than 35 rows of data.

Since it is a pivot table not able to generate it in PixelPerfect and save it in PDF output format. On trying with PPTX and XLSX formats to generate the reports and save it as PDF output format we are losing some of the rows or columns. Not able to display the tables properly.

Thanks,

Gokul

7 Replies
avinashelite

How your recreating the Pivot table in NPritning ?? as a image or table ?? I would suggest you to use word or XLSX .

If you import the Pivot table as a image that would help you I guess

gokulnath2592
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Avinash

Thanks for your reply. But the table size is huge. I have a total of 16 columns and 40 rows. On recreating it as image i get scroll bars.

On recreating it as Excel and saving it in PDF format half of the columns come in first page and the next half in the second page. Not able to get the table in a single page. How to resolve this formatting issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gokul

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

seems you need to accmodate your hardware.

avinashelite

Gokul, we cannot  increase  the page height rite. What is the problem if the data is shown in 2 sheets since we cannot fit the complete data in one slide is applying pagination in Excel . Imagine if your data gets increased to  100 rows then you cannot fit in 1 slide rite. I would suggest you to go with the current pagination approach.

Otherwise you need to adjust the chart size , test size then should try to fit in 1 slide

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

When you are importing the data into Excel in the NPrint designer have you tried setting the page width to 1 page instead of automatic?  This can be found under the page layout tab and will then apply a zoom to force the table to fit one page wide - if it's a huge table it may not be readable though.

TPoismans
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I know this might be seen as reviving a death topic, but for those people ending up on this page, just like me, your answer should've been marked as correct.

Column-wise, if you set the width of the page to "1 page", it'll fit the table to one page. Row wise, I don't recommend doing it, it would, more often than not, squish your table vertically when the # of rows start increasing.

Kind regards,
Tim P.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If your goal is to create a report in PDF and you want to have a fine control of the layout the best solution is to develop a PixelPerfect template. Excel templates can generate reports in PDF but it is not the best tool to control the output layout, simply Excel is not designed for this.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.