Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Pivot not showing totals in one dashboard

Hi All,

I must have a document level setting somewhere which is stopping my pivot charts showing totals, I've never come across this issue before in years of development.

Yes I have partial sums checked!

I've tested this by building a blank dashboard, loading the same data, setting up the pivot object and showing partials sums and this works as expected.

I've then copied that object to my dev dashboard and the totals disappear. This is the case for all pivot charts in the dev dashboard.

Unfortunately I can not upload the dev app, but I am guessing this is a simple document setting somewhere?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

I think

it is bug in QV 12 SR1.

In this version once you change the document property > Styling Mode > change it

then some strange thing happened with pivot table and totals are disappear.

try below

save application and reopen it.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you attach snap shot of your issue??

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not aware of such a setting. I suspect that there is minor corruption in the object that is interfering with the totals.I would try to recreate the object and then delete the original.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

I'm not aware of the setting either, but it is happening on EVERY pivot object in the qvw.

This screenshot shows the test file (bottom) and the exact same object copied and pasted to the dev app:

pivot no totals.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then it is not a simple object corruption. Are the pivot totals perhaps returning totals of 0 in the dev environment*? If suppress null values is enabled, the zero totals would be suppressed.

*Your images suggest not.

I suggest that you upload a sample that illustrates the problem for further investigation. Or at least provide details of the expressions used. If you have a naked field in your expression, but only a single possible value in your test environment, then the totals will work. If you then have multiple possible values of the naked field in the dev environment, then the totals will not work and will be suppressed (if suppress null is enabled).

(A naked field is one not enclosed in an aggregate function like Min(), Sum(), Count()...)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
PrashantSangle

Hi,

which version are you using dev and prod???

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Hi,

I think

it is bug in QV 12 SR1.

In this version once you change the document property > Styling Mode > change it

then some strange thing happened with pivot table and totals are disappear.

try below

save application and reopen it.

Regards

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Seems like it is a bug for sure

Fiddled the styling mode, rebooted my machine and all seems to be ok now

PrashantSangle

Hi,

can you tell us on which SR you are getting this issue?? because I know this issue in only in QV12 SR1.

Is this issue come other than SR1 ?

Another thing it is not just about styling mode property. If you set any document property and apply then partial sum disappeared.

Regards,

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

I'm running SR2 (12.0.20100)  so seems it might not be resolved yet!