Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error when export data from Pivot table Qlik Sense Desktop 2.2.4

In pivot table, I use dynamic data for measure's label . When I exported data , error showed

2016-06-18_10-25-07.png

2016-06-18_10-34-38.png

I hope Qlik expert can fixed it.

Thanks!

6 Replies
vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Interesting. What tool do you use to make these dynamic labels? Do not think it's supported by Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vadim. It's Pivot table in Qlik Sense.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As far as I know in QlikSense Labels (in tables, pivot tables and so on) can not use dynamic formulas.

On your snapshot you could see yellow `fx` symbol in the expression field, (that mean it can use formulas) and no such symbol in Label field. That mean it can use only plain strings.

So I would assume that you use some trick to achieve that dynamic label functionality.

Not applicable
Author

I do have the same Pivot report like yours, but I did some turnaround instead of using complex formula in the Column Data.

I arrange the view data from database to have a field as 'Date' instead, so in the Column Data will be recognized as ready-to-use field.

The other option; we could add field in the specific table that contain your expression.. as it will appear on the Column Data as ready-to-use field as well.

Hope this arrangement gives you some idea.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, no "fx" symbol mean you can not use expression. But I can use it in pivot table with syntax by Qlik. May be it's bug .  I think Qlik's experts can make "fx" symbol to all object's label. I hope they will  enhance their products better.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Interesting. Never seen that before.

Looks like a bug in 2.2.4 though. I'm afraid most probably it will be fixed by removing expression evaluation in Pivot labels, not by making it work properly in all possible scenarios (like an export for example) and in all other types of charts