cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator

is it correct to write rangemax within if condition

Here , for a material I am showing default zero, when sum(orders)-sum(filled) is negative.

also should  be zero when sum(order) and sum(filled) values are same but at different line/row level for same material

if(sum(CS_CUT_QTY) > 0, if(sum(CS_CUT_QTY) <> (sum(CS_ORD_QTY) - sum(CS_FILL_QTY)), (sum(CS_ORD_QTY) - sum(CS_FILL_QTY)),sum(CS_CUT_QTY)),0) AS CS_CUT_QTY

above logic works, when sum(orders) and sum(filled) are same but at different line/row item level. and it also works when when sum(orders)-sum(filled) is negative but at single row lvl.

But this does not work when sum(filled) > sum(orders) at different line/row item lvls.

I tried the below logic, but it throws error.

if(sum(cuts) > 0, if(sum(cuts) <> (sum(orders) - sum(filled)), rangemax(0, rangesum(orders, -1*  filled)),sum(cuts)),0) AS cuts

please help, Thankyou

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the error do you see? Do you have a sample you can share to better understand your desired output?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to embed all fields not listed in the GROUP BY clause field list in aggregation functions, and Rangesum() is not a aggregation function in that sense (aggregating across field dimension).

That's probably why you are getting an error.

I haven't really understood what your trying to achieve, or how your data looks like, so some sample input records would definitely help to understand that.

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

I fixed this.

I was trying to display default value as when  the cuts sum is negative. Thanks a lot for looking into this.