Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Questions from a Qlikview Delevoper with no Knowledge of QLikview Server

Hi, Ive been working as a qlikview desktop developer but dont have any experience with the qlikview server platform.

We want to update our BI platform and move to an easy and best architecture to share the qlikview apps between the users.

With this in mind I have lots of questions about it, I would appreciate if some of them are answered!

Ok , Im going to start with the questions I have!:

- Using a qlikview server, how is the data reload process? I have to set the schedule refresh for each app and the server keeps the data refreshed at that rate? or is the final user thru the web interface that makes the data reload?

- In qlikview server platform exist the "Real Time" data? I mean it is possible my apps to get the last data from the sources in real time?

- About the security, Can I secure my apps so a user can access certain sheets of my apps, or should be by app level?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

• Using a qlikview server, how is the data reload process? I have to set the schedule refresh for each app and the server keeps the data refreshed at that rate? or is the final user thru the web interface that makes the data reload?
    In the QMC you can define a reload schedule for each document. Doing a reload in the UI of the Qlikview document using the ajax client requires an extension and isn't really recommended. What if a dozen users decide to reload the document at the same time?
  • In qlikview server platform exist the "Real Time" data? I mean it is possible my apps to get the last data from the sources in real time?
    Not really. You can try scheduling with a very short interval. Or you can try using Direct Discovery to retrieve some of the data real time
  • About the security, Can I secure my apps so a user can access certain sheets of my apps, or should be by app level?
    You can use Section Access, just like in Qlikview Desktop.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

• Using a qlikview server, how is the data reload process? I have to set the schedule refresh for each app and the server keeps the data refreshed at that rate? or is the final user thru the web interface that makes the data reload?
    In the QMC you can define a reload schedule for each document. Doing a reload in the UI of the Qlikview document using the ajax client requires an extension and isn't really recommended. What if a dozen users decide to reload the document at the same time?
  • In qlikview server platform exist the "Real Time" data? I mean it is possible my apps to get the last data from the sources in real time?
    Not really. You can try scheduling with a very short interval. Or you can try using Direct Discovery to retrieve some of the data real time
  • About the security, Can I secure my apps so a user can access certain sheets of my apps, or should be by app level?
    You can use Section Access, just like in Qlikview Desktop.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks !!!