Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Company Re-Branding

Hello,

Qlik provided my company with re-branding instructions and everything has gone well except for the change to the Internet browser tab change.  I have changed both the hub.html and the client.html with a new title and replaced the favicon.ico with out company icon.  However, in Internet Explorer 11, I briefly see our icon until the Hub page loads and then the Internet Explorer favicon displays and the title "Qlik Sense" never changes.  In Chrome and Firefox, the favicon does display as our own, but again, the title does not change.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

David Pecnik

Mistras Group -- PCMS Division

7 Replies
harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

Hi David,

To confirm, the favicon.ico, was it replaced with yours in "..\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client" directory?  Was the old one just renamed or was it copied and moved to another location (ie. did you delete the old one from the folder)?

For the title of each page, did you update both HTML files: client.html, hub.html in the "..\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client" folder? 

HTML tag to change is <title>.

Not applicable
Author

I copied over the existing favicon.ico file in the Client subdirectory.

David

David Pecnik

Software Support Analyst

PCMS - Cleveland

P: 216-674-0626

david.pecnik@mistrasgroup.com<mailto:David.Pecnik@mistrasgroup.com>

3 Summit Park Drive · Suite 450 · Cleveland, OH 44131 · US

www.mistrasgroup.com<http://www.mistrasgroup.com>

This electronic mail is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this electronic mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify us by return electronic mail or telephone and delete this electronic mail from your system.

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

I'll test to confirm the issue.  If it is an issue, Sense 3.0 is scheduled for release next week and may resolve the issue based on the instructions sent to you but I'll test to confirm if it is an issue on the current 2.2 version (which is what I'm assuming it is you have).

Not applicable
Author

I copied over the favicon.ico in the Client subdirectory, and yes, I made changes to both html files.

David

Not applicable
Author

Harvey,

Yes, we are running Qlik Sense 2.2, and sorry for the multiple replies

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

I've tested and am seeing the same results (except in my case I'm using IE 11 and it always shows the IE logo vs showing your logo briefly).  I'm going to test with Sense 3.0 as soon as it's released and will update accordingly.

toy
Employee
Employee

Hi David,

I have tested in 3.0 and it partially works for me (see image). Google Chrome is OK but Internet Explorer is only partially OK.

My Results:

Using Google Chrome it works just as it should:

2016-06-23 08_45_34-RebrandedHub.png

Using Internet Explorer the Title is updated but the favicon is the IE favicon

2016-06-23 09_00_42-RebrandedHub-IE11.png

Issues

Caching may cause lots of problems and pains. I updated the favicon.ico, hub.html and client.html files before opening the Hub for the first time. I recommend that you install Qlik Sense, then change everything that needs to be rebranded before opening the Hub (or QMC for that matter) the first time. Just clearing the browser history has not worked for me in general.

You may run into access problems when saving the content in the C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client folder.