Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Publisher tasks fails with reason - 1. Document open call failed. The document might require username and password OR 2. Failed to allocate a QlikView Engine. No QlikView Engine was available after waiting for 45 minutes

Dear Experts,

We have scheduled multiple tasks running on publisher. All were running fine till last week.

Suddenly from last 2-3 days many tasks getting failed. When we analyzed logs we found multiple reasons of failure as below -

1. Document open call failed. The document might require username and password

2. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed --->

3. Failed to allocate a QlikView Engine.  No QlikView Engine was available after waiting for 45 minutes

Can anyone suggest what can be reason of such failure with above reasons.

And how can be avoided such failures. Any solutions please.

Thank you.

--

Prashant P Baste

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prashant,

I comment your points:

1. You have a section access. If you have your section access with UserID and Password, insert it on management console. If you have it with NTNAME, give NTNAME for the user that launches QV services on Section Access.
  2. Your reload had failed, review document log.
  3. You don't have resources, you have limited your concurrent tasks, and you have lauched more tasks than the limited tasks configuration.

Regards!

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Manuel Capella

Thank you for quick & valuable response.

1. Yes, you are right - these tasks has Section Access, but those were running fine till last week & mess has started from this week without making any change in any of those document.

2. Yes.. this error is copied from log file only. Do you have any idea why/when this error occurs?

3. Yes due to above issues. Tasks are getting delayed & thus overlapping of multiple tasks is happening & might be this giving this error.

I am mainly concern about point# 1 & 2. Can you brief more about it if possible.

Thanks once again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prashant,

1. How do you get your section access? Form file? Manually? From DDBB? If it is manually, it is possible that you have to reconfigure tasks, but if it is dynamic, add Launch user manually to section access.
  2. Review Document Log for reload errors. On task log you can see that task have failed by reolad, and on Document Log you will see the reason.

Regards!!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Prashanth,

1) I'm not sure in which situations the qmc-options to enter a section access user + password are useful. But if you put the user of the service-accounts into the section access script part it should work (does it for me since years).

2) NA

Updated: PFA

- Anil

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prashant,

Which user is launching QlikView Services on Windows Services?

For launching PDF, from a QlikView app, you have to reload your QlikView app, isn't it? Reload it manually, and on Document Properties, check Generate Logfile.

Regards!

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes. You are right Manuel, first we reload main QVW application & then generate PDF.

So task of Reload main QVW runs smoothly & tasks of PDF generation fails.

I am not sure about exactly which user launches QV Services on Windows will confirm & also confirm if same user is added into Section Access.

Your help is really appreciated, it is helping me a lot to understand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, attach the log files of these tasks.

Regards!