Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

URGENT Question on Licence Lease Issue! Help please!

Morning Folks,

we have a client who is struggling to lease a licence. They have a licence allocated on the server and licence lease is enabled, when attempting the process using the 'Open in Server' option, they get the following:

I have read elsewhere that the user needs to have Admin Rights on their local PC, can someone confirm this is the case?

They are running Qv11.2 SR 13.

Another user with full Domain Access rights, has attempted the routine without issue on the SAME PC

Thanks in advance

Andy

PS - help is urgently require as I am off on vacation after today for a week of so and would like to sort this before I go!

18 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is there a firewall on this users PC that is blocking outgoing traffic through port 4747?

Digvijay_Singh

It is 24 hours.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Sorry, that's not applicable here

Andy

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

What happens when you manually type in the user id in the specified user prompt on the authentication group?

is the user able to login to the access point and access the doc successfully?

http://yourserver/yourwebsite/login2.htm

Regards

Sasi

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

SAME ISSUE!

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

is there by any chance the user not logged into the domain or may be his pc belongs to a different nt domain?

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

try connecting as follows..it should give a password prompt

qvp://yourdomain\user@192.100.10.44

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

This has been dragging on for ages, but we think it's now working. In a nutshell the user has had to use:

qvp://servername

and not

qvp://servername.domain.xxxx

though we could use open in server with the fully qualified name on the server itself.

Any one know why this would be?

bbt

pcammaert

stevedark

Andy