Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neha_sri
Creator III
Creator III

Charts in Nprinting

Hi All,

If I have a chart in dashboard which is big and when after applying npriting I am making a ppt, it is not coming in one ppt, it is rolling down into another ppt and also its allignment is not with the second ppt. I dont want to reduce the size of my chart as if I do so it is not visible.

. Is there a way I can divide my chart into two ppts?

Thanks in anticipation

3 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Neha -

We investigated this some time ago and found that it was a limitation of PowerPoint to be able to split rows of a table across multiple slides.

As a potential workaround, you can create a native PPT table inside the slides split so that each slide will display the desired amount of rows, and then drag and drop the cell values from the QlikView table into your report.

This is a bit tedious but I figured I would at least point out this possibility.

This tutorial shows how to do this in Excel, but the same can be done in PowerPoint: Selected QlikView Cell Values Used in Excel Reports

neha_sri
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Stephen

So Can we do it in as tables(option present in nprinting).

If I don't create as an image but rather I do it as table in ppt only. Will it work?

My requirement is such that I have to create ppt only , I can either fetch my chart as image or table in nprinting.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Yes - you can do it as a table in PPT. See this: How to Insert a Native Table in PowerPoint Reports

Keep in mind that this won't help solve the issue of the table going over multiple slides.

Have you tried adjusting the settings for the image dimensions? If you are bringing them in as an image, this should ensure that they stay on one page. Image Dimension Management in Microsoft Office Reports