Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Greater Than Expression Issue

Hi All,

I am trying to find the total number of transactions over the course of a promotion lifetime. Currently I have the below:

'BW - ' & Count({<[Location]={'LocationA'}, [Date]={">=$([Promotion Start Date])<=$([Promotion End Date])"}>} DISTINCT [Sales invoice])

In tables, promotion dates are linked to promotion names. These in turn are linked to promotion products.

i.e.

PROMOTIONS

PromotionPromotion Start DatePromotion End Date
PROMOTION-101/01/201631/01/2016
PROMOTION-201/02/201631/03/2016

PROMOTION PRODUCTS

PromotionProduct Code
PROMOTION-1PRODUCT-A
PROMOTION-1PRODUCT-B
PROMOTION-2PRODUCT-A
PROMOTION-2PRODUCT-C

The hope is, when I filter to, say PROMOTION-1 via filter pane, the value (KPI) will update to show the total count of [Sales invoice] over that promotion period (01/01/2016 - 31/01/2016). However, it is pulling the total number of transactions in the period ONLY where a promotion product is included.

Where I would hope to see 2000 transactions, I am instead seeing 150 etc.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try clearing your selection in Promotion in the set expression (which will filter the product codes and thus the invoices, either by clearing only the field or using set identifier 1 (which will ignore all other selections as well. Not that the dollar sign expansion in the search expression is still considering your selection (though I think it should be written differently):

Count({<[Location]={'LocationA'}, [Date]={">=$(=Min([Promotion Start Date]))<=$(=Max([Promotion End Date]))"}, Promotion= >} DISTINCT [Sales invoice])

or

Count({1<[Location]={'LocationA'}, [Date]={">=$(=Min([Promotion Start Date]))<=$(=Max([Promotion End Date]))"}>} DISTINCT [Sales invoice])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try clearing your selection in Promotion in the set expression (which will filter the product codes and thus the invoices, either by clearing only the field or using set identifier 1 (which will ignore all other selections as well. Not that the dollar sign expansion in the search expression is still considering your selection (though I think it should be written differently):

Count({<[Location]={'LocationA'}, [Date]={">=$(=Min([Promotion Start Date]))<=$(=Max([Promotion End Date]))"}, Promotion= >} DISTINCT [Sales invoice])

or

Count({1<[Location]={'LocationA'}, [Date]={">=$(=Min([Promotion Start Date]))<=$(=Max([Promotion End Date]))"}>} DISTINCT [Sales invoice])

Not applicable
Author

I used the first option and it seems to have worked. Just need to do some verification on the numbers but it looks promising.

Thank you very much.