Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slondono
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Does Qlik-V and Qlik-S management capabilities of semantic layer?

Hi guys

I want to know if Qlik View and Qlik Sense have features for management of semantic layer..

Im not sure but i think that Qlik View doesn't have it. And Qlik Sense i have no idea.

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What features are you thinking of when you say "features for management of semantic layer"?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your question.

......If you are thinking of older legacy BI tools, or SQL-based query tools that NEED to create metadata layers (semantic layers) in order to work with the BI tool -- and then pass either native / ansi SQL or translated API calls to the back-end data source....then NO - Qlik does not work that way. We do not maintain a semantic layer. Data is loaded from the source into the in-memory data model, compressed, indexed and becomes part of the app (Qlik Sense or QlikView). The client UI then aggregates on the fly and updates the visualizations at the speed of thought without going back to the source. (we have solutions for direct query access too if needed).

Let us know what else you would like to know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik