Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different Starting Sheet with AJAX

Hey,

when I connect to the QlikView AccessPoint and enter my username/pw I can see the specific qvw-file as a thumbnail. In that thumbnail I can see the starting document-sheet (e.g. a welcome-sheet). When I now click on the thumbnail and the qlikview document is opened (we only use the AJAX-ZfC) then I see a different sheet from the same document. It's like you have a presentation and of course you want to start with the first slide, but when you click on "start presentation" the program starts with slide 15.

When I restart the whole server it works for a short time. But after that I figure out the same issue and I have no clue how to fix it.

Does anybody have an idea? I guess it has to do with some server (QlikView Server 10) settings, but I don't know which exactly.

Greetings

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In addition to the session recovery thing, go to the Console, Documents, select the document you are opening and check the "Server Objects" tab. There you will see as many bookmarks as different users have opened the document. Remove the bookmark click on the red X at the right side and open the document again. Do you see any changes?

Regards.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi daniel,

I think problem in your AJAX. so kindly use Plug-In in access point its shows the exact wat u want

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

the problem is that not all of our customers can't use the IE Plugin, because of the IE-security settings. So we are dependent on the AJAX-ZfC. So it has nothing to do with the server settings? Do I understand that right?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Daniel,

Not sure if this is related to your question but here you are a couple of things:

1.- Documents always show the sheet active at the moment the document was last saved. So say your document has 15 sheets, you do some changes in the 3rd and save changes. The next tome any user opens the document (regardless Plugin, AJAX, Desktop) they will see what you last saw, same sheet, same selections... So when some work is needed in the published document, it's always a good idea to go to the initial sheet, should you have one, clear all selections and save the document, so the user logs in to a clean document.

2.- Thumbnails is Accespoint correspond to the active sheet at the moment of saving the document, by default. In the Settings menu, Document Properties, Opening tab, at the bottom you have what you want to be shown as thumbnail in the Accesspoint. "Opening Sheet" corresponds to what I mentioned here.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

thank you for your answer. I guess in your first sentence "...moment the document was last saved" lies the point. I edited the QlikView Document and added a trigger. Whenever the document is opened - 1. switch to the first sheet and 2. clear all selections.

But when I now try it with AJAX it still shows another sheet. So I believe that just closing the internet explorer (or any else explorer) the document isn't closed! I haven't figured out how you can actually close a document, because I never found a "logout" button or anything like that. But the fact that the QlikView has somehow still opened the QlikView document and never closes it until a completely reset shows me that I have to do something in the server settings. For example if there is no connection to the document close it. A "reload" doesn't work either, it tried is yesterday...

So has someone an idea? We only use AJAX, IE Plugin is unfortunately no option for us.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Daniel,

What I referred above to "Save" and "Close" means when you open the document to develop or change something in the Desktop application, NOT in the IE Plugin or AJAX client. Open that document with Desktop, go to another sheet, save. Now go to the Accesspoint and the thumbnail itselft should have changed to the sheet active when you saved (it may take a few minutes).

And yes, closing the document with Internet Explorer doesn't really closes the document, meaning that what you are really opening and putting into memory is a copy of the document, but not the file itself. Say that when you close Internet Explorer you are closing a session, that does not affect to the actual document. (You cannot change the script or delete charts because you cannot save the document). That's why opening from each browser shows the same sheet: the one was active at the moment of developing/saving.

Hope this makes sense.

Not applicable
Author

Oh and I forgot to tell something. It always shows me a specific different sheet. It's not that I do my analysis on some other sheets, close the explorer and when I restart the document is opened at the same spot I left off. Nope, it always shows me sheet 5 for example. I go to sheet 1, clear all selections, close the explorer and when I restart I begin at sheet 5 again.

So I really have no clue at which point the server says: "Ok, save these selections and this active sheet now."

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

I actually edited the QlikView document with the Desktop Application. And there I saved it with the active sheet 1 and no selections. I saved it several times and I also waited some minutes, but I had no luck. The server still shows me another sheet. Only when I restart the whole server I start with the first sheet.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Daniel_C wrote:thank you for your answer. I guess in your first sentence "...moment the document was last saved" lies the point. I edited the QlikView Document and added a trigger. Whenever the document is opened - 1. switch to the first sheet and 2. clear all selections.

Okay, I missed to answer this part. As I mentioned, some macros will not work by design (it's not a bug) when opening the document with clients, one of the is On Opening, On Post Reload... the QlikView Reference Manual has that documented. Version 10 only states OnReload and OnPostReload. Some macros to be triggered when the document is opened are not working for me.

AJAX will likely not execute this macros so as far as AJAX is concerned, the document will open in the same place it was closed.

Besides, in regards to the "logout", QlikView 10, as opposed to v9 has an option to save automatically a bookmark with the user selections and some session information of clients. That option can be set in the Management Console in System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Documents (on the right side) "Prohibit session recovery". If this is checked, users will always open the document as it was, although they had been working on it before (no bookmark or session info is saved).

Hope this helps.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In addition to the session recovery thing, go to the Console, Documents, select the document you are opening and check the "Server Objects" tab. There you will see as many bookmarks as different users have opened the document. Remove the bookmark click on the red X at the right side and open the document again. Do you see any changes?

Regards.