Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create point map with two measure layers with Qlik sense?

I would like to create a point map to show the sum of population and sum of income at each US city.

I use  the following:

"GeoMakePoint(Latitude, Longitude) as Location" to create a city point map

"sum(Population )"  as measure to show total population of each city.

However, how could also add "sum(Income)"  as measure to show total income of each city at the same time on the same map?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally and unfortunately, it is not possible with current Qlik sense map object.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
karthikoffi27se
Creator III
Creator III

Hi There,

I don't think we can use two measures in Qlik map, however try replicating into two maps one to show sum of population and the other one to show sum of income.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Karthik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi karthikeyan, thanks for your help!

The requirement is to use ONLY one map. When we put the computer mouse on top of the cities at the map, we can review city name, sum(Population )"  and "sum(Income)" of that city.

When I put "sum(Income)" to the Color and Legend expression part, it could distinguish the Income, but still can not show Income when I put the computer mouse on top of the cities at the map.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

like Karthikeyan mentioned, it is not possible to create two layers for the default map in Sense at the moment.

You can check the existing extensions on GitHub and QlikBranch if one fits your requirements or if possible you can create your own extension to use two layers in a single map extension.

Check for example ESRI, leaflet or GoogleMaps extension.

Regards

Ronny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ronny, thanks so much for your help!

There is no multi-layer extension at Qlik branch now. I will look through GitHub. Multi-layer is common feature for map based visualization, and multi-layer is available from other BI tools, such as Tableau. I am wondering why Qlik sense does not support multi-layer maps now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please check the attached qvf.

I used Qlik sample data as example.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally and unfortunately, it is not possible with current Qlik sense map object.