Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help required on Qlik Sense to get the right expresssion

Hi, I am trying to figure out a way by which I can plot a graph which shows the month on month sale and increase / decrease in sales as compare to previous month.

To give better understanding enclosed the sample data.

Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushal,

I understand how you calculated the Growth in the excel file, in your example, you just select the first block of Toyota data. But i'm not sure how you want to do exactly in Sense. Toyota data is appeared more than 1 in that dataset with exactly the same Month, Year.

In my attached example, i did Sum(Sale), and filter by Toyota, it actually added up all data related to Toyota. Unless there's a different between the first Toyota set and the 2nd one. Also should the growth be different for each Company Name? instead of using Dec of previous company to calculate Jan for next company?

It's just an example of how to do it. Until I understand exactly what you want to achieve, then i can check it again. Hope it's enough for you to keep going.

Or if the growth is exactly what you calculated in excel, we can do that in script first, then it'll be easier to plot it on the chart.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushal,

I understand how you calculated the Growth in the excel file, in your example, you just select the first block of Toyota data. But i'm not sure how you want to do exactly in Sense. Toyota data is appeared more than 1 in that dataset with exactly the same Month, Year.

In my attached example, i did Sum(Sale), and filter by Toyota, it actually added up all data related to Toyota. Unless there's a different between the first Toyota set and the 2nd one. Also should the growth be different for each Company Name? instead of using Dec of previous company to calculate Jan for next company?

It's just an example of how to do it. Until I understand exactly what you want to achieve, then i can check it again. Hope it's enough for you to keep going.

Or if the growth is exactly what you calculated in excel, we can do that in script first, then it'll be easier to plot it on the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks this helps a lot.. shared app has two sheet however first sheet showing "Invalid Visualization".. Any idea why is it so.. 2nd sheet is fulfilling my requirement..

Really appreciate your help

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I was playing with other things, please ignore any invalid visualisations.