Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Two Tables with dimensions in the same table

Hey,

in my QlikSense app I have two pie charts which access the table "Tags". These tags have different topics, so I created multiple charts with tag dimensions. An object can have more than one tag in the data model.

My problem is, that when I select a filter in one of the two Tag-Pie-Charts, the other chart gets grey and says there are only objects with none of the other tags. I checked it in my data and there are objects that have two different tags. (Example screenshots are attached)

How can I archieve that the pie charts show the correct data, even though a "Tag" filter is selected?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lucas,

Can you share a sample qvf file.

Not applicable
Author

example.PNG

This is what the (relevant) data looks like. Is this what you are looking for?

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Lucas,

If i understand correctly what you want....

you could apply set analysis in the expression to ignore the 'Tags' field.

for example:

sum( {<[Tags]=>}  UNITS)

Hope this helps

Dan

Not applicable
Author

I used Count(AppName) to simply count all Objects.

Count({<[Tags]=>} AppName)

does not make Qliksense ignore other tag selections, the problems is still there.

Is my formula wrong?

Not applicable
Author

Had a typo in it, works now..

Though that is not exactly what I wanted. The tag selection should not be ignored completely in the pie charts.

I want a set analysis to work normally (I choose a category in the one pie chart and the other adapts). I would really appreciate if you could help me with this.

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Would be beneficial if you have a sample app to share so i can fully understand the context of what you need.