Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aligning only one column in a pivot table vertically!

Hi

How to align the Column Label of the Dimension Vertically in a Pivot Table. Using Properties --> Presentation --> "Vertical Text on Column Label" I could align all the dimension vertically. Any idea how to align only on column vertically?

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think it's possible. Would make an excellent "new feature request"

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg

It is not possible? 😞

I don't know how to make "New feature request". Could you please make it for me. It is very useful for my requirement. It saves lots of space especially when you are displaying the date field.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are a Customer - there should be something like 'Ideas Exchange" on a Customer Portal. If you are a Partner - the same on the Partners Portal.

Now that I think more about it - actually, you can do it!

- For the single Dimension or Expression, enter a multi-line label, something like the following:

A

C

T

I

V

E

and then allow a necessary amount of lines (in my example, 6) under "Wrap Header Lines" in the Presentation Tab.

This way, all the other labels will remain horizontal, and this one will appear vertical.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg

I am not sure whether we are the Customer or Partner. I have just created the account to learn many new things in QV.

As per your suggestion Multi Line Label will not work for me as the values are coming from the Field(Type of the field is Date). It is not a static(Hardcoded) value.

Do you have any other suggestions of doing it.