Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing previous months sales - Set Analysis.

Hi there,

Trying to get my previous sales from last month subtracted from the current sales this month, so it shows the amount of sales (less or more) than the previous.

My current set analysis:

Count({<Month={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Month),-1))) $(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Month),0)))"}>}Sales_total)

This giving the wrong result, obviously. Not too sure how to structure my analysis. Any assistance would help.

Thanks.

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this then....

Count({<Month={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(Month),-1)), 'YYYY-MM') & '<' & Date(MonthStart(Max(Month),0), 'YYYY-MM'))"}>} Sales_total)

Not applicable
Author

Gives me the same result as my original analysis!

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

HI try MonthID instead of Month,

Count({<MonthID ={"$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthID),-1)))Sales_total)  //This is last month

-

Count({<MonthID ={"$(=MonthStart(Max(MonthID))Sales_total)     //This is current month

//Subtraction is variance result

Not applicable
Author

{<[Month]={"$(=max([Month]))"}>}  = Current

{<[Month]={"$(=max([Month]-1))"}>} = Previous

Does this work?

sunny_talwar

What were you getting earlier? I thought you were not able to get any output before... Can you provide more detail as to what is the issue?

Not applicable
Author

Dimension: (Year)Month  - Format YYYY-MM.

(Example using the filter option on dimension.)

2015/05 - Count of sales: 30,000 (where sales >0)

2016/06 - Count of sales: 29,000

Expression chucks out a number above 30,000 for the 2015/05 - 2016/06.

Count({<MONTH={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MONTH),-1)), 'YYYY-MM') & '<' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MONTH),0), 'YYYY-MM'))"}>} SALES_TOTAL)

It's posible I'm doing this wrong, haha. Thanks.

sunny_talwar

How about adding this -> Sales_total={">0"}

Count({<MONTH={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MONTH),-1)), 'YYYY-MM') & '<' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MONTH),0), 'YYYY-MM'))"}, Sales_total={">0"}>} SALES_TOTAL)

Not applicable
Author

This is very close, however it's only calculating the count of sales for the current month and not the previous!

I think it has something to do with the month dimension?

Need to (minus) the previous month to show if it's positive or negative growth.

sunny_talwar

Can you check what do you get when you put this in a text box object?

='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MONTH),-1)), 'YYYY-MM') & '<' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MONTH),0), 'YYYY-MM')

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Your data looks in YYYY/MM format and in your set analysis you are using the format YYYY-MM..

Also, is your date a date field or a string field?

hth

Sasi