Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Access Point and Authentication

Hi All ,

Please help me with this issue .We are using Access point and Windows authentication for Qlikview Server 9.0 SR2.

1. Whenever I type in the URL for Access Point i am getting logged in as anonymous and i have to Click on the Login Button to again to login into the QV Server.I have explicitly prohibited Anonymous access on the Enterprise Management Console and checked the on domain option.Why is this happening?
  2. We need the users to be able to change their passwords when they next login into their system.I am using the Option "User should Change Password on Next Logon" in Windows Server 2008 Users and Groups Options .But i do not get option to change my password and even i am unable to login into the system using the default passwords which i created when this option is set.

Please refer to the attachment for more information.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Shiva,

Make sure that authentication of Web Server (Console, System, Setup, WebServers, Authentication) is set to "Always".

Make sure as well that your browser does allow the user to be prompted for credentials (in Internet Explorer double click on the status bar, where the icon of the zone is, click on Custom Level, User Authentication, Logon, make sure that "Anonymous Logon" is disabled). Check official Microsoft documentation here for further options.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI Shiva

The very first thing what you have to do is set back your authentication to allow anonymous

and User cannot change his password via access point

for this what you can offer them is to. First ask them to logged in to their pc using the account you created by this they can change their password and also it is manditory for a user to log in to desktop before logged in to Access point.

I'm dan sure this will help you out

Regards

ASHFAQ

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Shiva,

Make sure that authentication of Web Server (Console, System, Setup, WebServers, Authentication) is set to "Always".

Make sure as well that your browser does allow the user to be prompted for credentials (in Internet Explorer double click on the status bar, where the icon of the zone is, click on Custom Level, User Authentication, Logon, make sure that "Anonymous Logon" is disabled). Check official Microsoft documentation here for further options.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks,That helped me in solving the Logged in as Anonymous issue.But i am still unable to figure out how to make the users change their passwords once they log into acccess point for the first time or later.Any help on how to do this is highly appreciated.

But I still cannot figure a way out as my users are asking how they should change their passwords once they log into access point.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

Thanks for your reply Can you elaborate a bit more on your solution.Or can you provide me a document or direct me to a link.

Regards

Siva Gnaian Kolipineni

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Since users are system-wide and not only for the Accesspoint, they need to have rights to change their passwords in the Active Directory, in their account configuration. Check the official Windows 2008 server account documentation here and how to do it via powershell (and in thousands of Google searches). But it's not related to Accesspoint (because it's not managed nor a feature of Accesspoint or QlikView).

Hope that helps.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi shiva,

Is that You are creating Domain Accounts for the users or Local Accounts on qlik view server?

If it is a domain account then simply join users Pc they are using to domain, and ask them to logon to their pc by using their domain account. If you select users can change their password then sure for that it will be prompting you to change password.

Secondly if you create local accounts on qlikview itself. Ask them to logon to your qlikview server using the account you create for them.

By this they can change their passwords

There is no support as such provided by access point to change password rumtime.

hope this helps.

If you still need something else. Feel free to ask.

Regards

ASHFAQ