Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Qlikview Server

Hello,

I am new to deploying. So, now i want to create one test email from QMC.

PFA for Reference.

- Anil Chowdary

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
19 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Instead of HTML can you try using Plain format?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

I've tried both, There is no luck..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Anil,

What email service are you using? Qlikview doesn't support SSL so you will have to use a service which allows unencrypted emails such us Lavabit.com which I used for testing purposes and I recommend.BEst

Best

Juan

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Juan,

Thanks for sharing on wall.

Do you have any sample screen shots to achieve this blog.

- Anil

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't have a screenshot but it's not complicated.

Host name: Lavabit.com

From Address: youAddress@lavabit.com

click on "Use Email and Password" and enter yuor credentials.

I hope this helps.

Juan

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Anil, you'll have to figure out whether you can access an MTA (like Exchange, sendmail, Notes, or an on-line service like Juan suggested) and let QlikView deliver every email to that MTA.

QlikView is just acting like an email client (MUA) and needs an email server to forward email messages to their final destination. I see that you are using "localhost" as your MTA host but you probably don't have Exchange running on your QlikView server, do you? A standard Windows Server installation doesn't carry any email server. It's just an OS.

Are you installing/operating this QlikView Server in a company? Then you may want to talk to the IT-people to get mail server details.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Funny, as far as I know, the owner shut down Lavabit.com in 2013 because the US Government tried to force him to hand over access to all his curtomers encrypted emails, including (of course) those of Edward Snowden.

Is it operational again?

Peter

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter,

I am the only one developer / Admin / Deploying / Integration.

So, Now tell me what is the process and where i need to start to achieve this, Please?

- Anil Chowdary

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no real proces. Install a mail server or select a service provider that will handle mail traffic for you (AFAIK even GMail will do just fine). Then configure the SMTP tab with whatever parameter values you get from your service provider. That's it.

An example of how to configure Google mail to accept email can be found here: Re: How to received notification by QV publisher to my gmail account once the reload task completed ... Nevermind the fact that the Publisher won't send any emails when a task succesfully completes.

Peter