Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 installation failure!!

I upgraded Qlik Sense Desktop from 2.2.4 to 3.0.0. It seems everything is OK.

But when I opened the hub, it appears nothing as below:

I have tried to repair the installation, failed.

I have uninstalled the Qlik Sense Desktop and re-installed it, failed.

How shall I fix this issue? So far the only thing I can do is to roll back to 2.2.4.

Background information:

Username: Junlong Chen(There is a blank between two words, and somebody said the issues is caused by the blank. I don't know whether it's right or wrong.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

I just saw an update that R&D is uploading an update to the installer which is designed to resolve this issue.  Please download and install the new Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 from the downloads site by end of day today or tomorrow and try again.

View solution in original post

52 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I too have the same issue

Capture.PNG

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Me and my colleague have the exact same problem.

Not applicable
Author

Have you got the solution?

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

We are investigating with highest attention. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Anders

Many thanks!

If any more information is required, please do not hesitate to tell me.

Best regards,

Junlong Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Junlong,

I have seen several similar issues on the community.  The best thing to do is to downgrade back to your previous version (in your case 2.2.4) and wait for a solution.

Regards,

Filip

Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

I now have Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 running on my desktop. You can get yours working by changing the compatibility settings as I have done below:

Capture.PNG

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

Can you try the following? 

First - see if logging in as Administrator vs you user name with a blank makes a difference.

1.  Qlik Sense Desktop is actually a condensed packaged version (stripped down) of our Server Platform.  When you launch the Desktop, the HUB is actually being presented within an Embedded Chrome Browser; self contained within the .EXE.  Could you:

a. Shut down Qlik Sense

b. Go into Task Manager and ensure no Qlik processes are running.  If so, shut them down.

c. Launch your main web browser (ie Chrome) and clear out the cache

d. Launch Qlik Sense and see if the HUB loads.  If not, hit the F5 button.

2.  If the above doesn't work and it returns the same blank HUB window, shut down Qlik Sense, turn off Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials.  It may be an issue that is allowing the main Sense environment launch and is trusted but sub processes may be blocked.  Try again.

3.  If the above still results in a blank Hub, shut down Qlik Sense, turn off the firewall and try again.

4.  With Windows Defender/MSE shutdown as well as Virus scanners, go to

a. Go into Task Manager and ensure no Qlik processes are running.  If so, shut them down.

b. Add/Remove Programs to uninstall product, manually clean up install files (everything) under C:\Users\<your user profile>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense and reinstall

Could you flag this post as either helpful or resolved if the above assisted with a resolution and, in either even of resolved or not, could you share the results of these tests?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.