Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installing QlikView server

Hi.

I'm a beginner about QlikView server installation. I need to do it on a VM. I have read the installation notes and I have a doubt.

I have understood that I must have a domain account (f.e. QVAdmin) for QV services that must be a local administrator for my VM. Do I need to another domain account? Can I use this QVAdmin also for the installation?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You can use local account even.

Its not manditory that you use domain account.

But, make sure that the local account what you are using must be a member of adminisrator group.

If you still need some thing else, do let me know

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You can use local account even.

Its not manditory that you use domain account.

But, make sure that the local account what you are using must be a member of adminisrator group.

If you still need some thing else, do let me know

Regards

ASHFAQ

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Yes, you can use that domain account (member of your Local adminstrators group) to do the installation and start services. You can add it to the QlikView Administrators group, which will allow you to access the Management Console.

This account must be allowed to grant permissions and write or modify files (from installation files to registry keys to documents in those folder where the public users are going to access).

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

when you say that "...the local account what you are using must be a member of administrator group", the administrator group is the local group and not the domain group, isn't it?

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You are Absolutely correct.

Regards

ASHFAQ