Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

QVS - Automatically reload a task when failed

Hello,

I use Qlikview Server and when a scheduled task failed, I want it to reload automatically.

I know this action is possible using Qlikview Publisher but how can I do that with Qlikview Server?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not possible - you have only one trigger per task. You will need to buy a publisher licence or to create (with some efforts) workarounds like running an application which checked the successfully reloading of tasks on the basis of existing qvd's or the timestamp or similar against a determined list and if there is a failure for a certain task you run this task per desctop client with an EXECUTE statement. Thinkable is also the use of Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not possible - you have only one trigger per task. You will need to buy a publisher licence or to create (with some efforts) workarounds like running an application which checked the successfully reloading of tasks on the basis of existing qvd's or the timestamp or similar against a determined list and if there is a failure for a certain task you run this task per desctop client with an EXECUTE statement. Thinkable is also the use of Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example.

- Marcus

sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator
Author

I suspected that it was not possible but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks for your answer.