Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access denied to QlikView Enterprise Management Console

Hi.

I have installed QV 10 Server on a VM with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition.

I have created a domain account to setup and to start the services. This account is a local administrator for my VM.

I have selected these options during the setup: QlikView Server, Reload/Distribution Engine, Management Console, Web Server + QV Web Server. The setup is finished successfully.

I have started these services, running as my domain account (see above): QV Directory Service, QV Distribution Service, QV Management Service, QV Server and QV Web Server. The QlikView Administrators group has been created.

I have launched the QV Enterprise Management Console and I have this error message:

Access Denied

Membership of local security groups is missing.

Please refer to the manual for more information

I have seen that it has been created the IQVS_QlikView10. I have tried to put it into local administrators group and into QlikView administrators group, but unsuccessfully. I have the same error.

The url of Management console is: http://localhost:4780/qemc/default.htm.

Any helps to me, please? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I have already solved by restarting the machine. Bye

View solution in original post

7 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

User ID through which you are accessing QEMC should be member of local security group.

Pls check in computer management.

Not applicable
Author

I repeat.

I have created a domain account to setup and start the QV services, f.e. it is named QVAdmin. QVAdmin is a local administrator for my VM. I have executed the setup accessing to the VM as QVAdmin. After the setup, of course, I have launched the Management Console inside the VM and as QVAdmin.

Which is the name of local security group? It appears as a generic name. A similar group doesn't exist between user groups.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

We have a group on our server:

Qlikview Administrators

I added the service account to that group, can't remember if I just restarted the services or rebooted the box, but got access to it that way.

I also added my domain account to the group so that I can access the console from my machine without remoting to the server and running it from there.

Adiran

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have written that QlikView Administrators has been created on my VM. The domain account QVAdmin has belonged to the QlikView Administrators group. But when I make double-click on the icon of QV Enterprise Management Console I have the denied access error, already posted.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Before testing Management Console does it occur to apply the License to the QlikView Server?

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

QlikView Administrators, as Adrian says above, is the group used by QlikView to allow access to the Consoles, regardless the licenses those users have assigned, if any. So the user logged into the computer that wants to modify the Console has to be member of the QlikView Administrators.

Once the user has been added to the group, he will need to logoff and logon again locally, not in the domain (since the group is local), to be granted with the permissions according to the ownership to that group.

If the server is unlicensed, the error is different, but the access to the Console is enabled, otherwise it would be quite difficult (impossible?) to apply the license properly.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I have already solved by restarting the machine. Bye