Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 installation failure!!

I upgraded Qlik Sense Desktop from 2.2.4 to 3.0.0. It seems everything is OK.

But when I opened the hub, it appears nothing as below:

I have tried to repair the installation, failed.

I have uninstalled the Qlik Sense Desktop and re-installed it, failed.

How shall I fix this issue? So far the only thing I can do is to roll back to 2.2.4.

Background information:

Username: Junlong Chen(There is a blank between two words, and somebody said the issues is caused by the blank. I don't know whether it's right or wrong.)

52 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

All solved, although I have no idea why. I couldn't find the all the relevant log files, as I had had to reinstall 2.2.4 to do my day job. In order to recreated the error, I once again removed the application and reinstalled, and despite doing everything the same as last time, it has now worked!

Thanks for your time

Dominic

amonjaras
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Have you tried to download it? Should turn out to actually be the version from 2016-06-30 even though the download site page it self does not say so!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

Unfortunately, I am getting the same "Unknown Error" again. I have got the application to work twice this week, but the error has appeared more often.

I have attached the zipped logfiles for the last few days.

Rgds

Dominic

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Ok, thanks Dominic, we will continue to look into it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders, I have followed all of the suggestions, downloaded a fresh copy from the download site (today July 6th),  uninstall, reinstall, stop services, manually clean directories, assured no Qlik Services were running, turned off Firewalls, Windows Defender, UAC  etc, etc and still have a blank hub. I also tried navigating directly to  localhost in chrome (InCognito) no go.. QS 2.2.4 runs perfectly.

OS Win10

Any help would be great - Thanks in advance

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Hi Jim,

Can you confirm that the version you're running is:

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.09.36.png

If so, are you getting just a white hub frame or also any additional error messages?

Br,

Anders

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders. Yes, it is only the blank Hub. I can't seem to find a way to get to the screen you show above. On right click I can get to the DevTools, in Console, it displays error 404 on localhost:4848/hub . I was able to get the digital signature from the .exe I used and it has a time stamp of Thursday June 16 2016 5:00:16 AM. That suggests the Download page does not have the updated version from over the weekend?? I pulled a fresh file yesterday, July 6. Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

Have you got any update? This is seriously affecting my job. My colleague has had no problems with 3.0 and has uploaded monthly qvfs that I cannot test because I'm on a previous version.

Thanks

Dominic

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Hi Dominic,

The issue has been reproduced and we are working on solving it and to be included in the next update. Unfortunately there is no known workaround at this point.

Br,

Anders