Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VIM Syntax Highlighting? Or...?

Does anyone have a plugin for VIM that will do the syntax highlighting?  Or maybe for some other editor?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In my office, everybody but me uses the free version of Qlikview. To avoid maintaining and editing 20 different apps one by one, I store the load script on a network share and then just set everybody's app to source that single script. So the load scripts in the app are usually one line long:

$(Include=G:\ALUMNI\Jake T\datawarehouse\load-script-for-others--commits.qvs);

Then in load-script-for-others--commits.qvs I have all the code to load all our data.

On the other hand, even if I didn't, whenever I do any script editing, I often find myself hitting the keyboard shortcuts to vim, which do nothing in Qlikview at best and at worst close the editor without saving the changes I've been working on for the last hour. Copying and pasting my work into and out of vim for editing is 100% worth it.

Not applicable
Author

Christian, I sent you a pull request on Github--I added directories so folks could see where the files go and created a qvs.vim file in ftdetect so vim would apply the highlighting just to qvs files.

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jake,

Thanks, this explains and clarifies everything for me. A good choice in your case.

Best regards,

Maxim

P.S. I'm sorry for off-topic

Leo_Ramírez
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to install it? vim-plug has to be used maybe? or qvs.vim has to be put somewhere?