Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to message specific person i am following on qlik community ?

Hi All,

When I am trying to send a Private Message to a member - alert pops up:

'You can not send a private message to a person you are not connected with'

But I'm following him on the community !!  What other connection I need to send him a message ?

Please help me to learn messaging on qlik community.

Thanks,

Kausik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kausik,

Thanks for your post. I assume you are referring to the Qlik Sense vs Power BI thread. In this case, simply post a reply on that thread letting Robert know you have followed him and asking him to follow you to send you the document.

It is a cumbersome process, but unfortunately we do not have the ability to modify the system functionality in that regard, so this is the workaround we have to use for this type of transaction.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If you follow someone, you are not immediately a connection. To become a connection, that person also has to follow you back.

Since this is your first topic on the community, someone following you back is highly unlikely.

I assume this system is made that way to avoid everyone spamming the top-10 people with all kinds of questions that belong on the community. There rarely is a reason to contact someone in private for the questions and topics covered here.

Example:

If your question is technical, there is no reason at all to contact someone in private. Post it as a topic and be surprised someone else gives you the right answer.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Knotsenburg,

Thanks for explaining the issue clearly.

Actually I need a document from a member. I've read about it in the community thread and also checked that moderator has deleted the document from community post and advised everyone to request that particular member for this document by sending him private message.

Now that you've explained how it works, I can get this help, only if that member follows me back. How do I request the member to follow me (if he agrees) ?

Thanks,

Kausik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kausik,

Thanks for your post. I assume you are referring to the Qlik Sense vs Power BI thread. In this case, simply post a reply on that thread letting Robert know you have followed him and asking him to follow you to send you the document.

It is a cumbersome process, but unfortunately we do not have the ability to modify the system functionality in that regard, so this is the workaround we have to use for this type of transaction.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Team

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeremy,

So nice of you to show me the way I can get the document.

And you are right -- I am indeed looking for Robert's comparison of Qlik Sense vs Power BI.

Regards,

Kausik