Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

no licenze avaiable but who "eat" it ???

Hi to all

that's my first post here

i'm looking for some support about Qlik licenze politics

I ''ve bought 20 licenze (document CAL) but now all of them are used ... but we have only 5 user !!!

How could is it possible ???

where the others licenze goes ???

there're some metod to reset the licenze and start again from zero ?

in a post i've red to delete a file but i'm not sure this is the right path or should i follow what they suggest ?

many thanks'

Omar

Calzaturificio Carmens Spa (ITALY)

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

I assume that you have renamed and/or removed applications on which document CAL's were assigned. In such a case the CAL won't be released, they is further in use but you couldn't see or access them anymore. The easiest way to get them back is to create a new dummy-qvw with the origin file-name and then you get the access again to the CAL and could remove them.

A complete reset from your licences / system is surely possible but you could loose other work, like settings, tasks and so on - therefore be careful.

- Marcus

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Check the attached

HTH

rubenmarin

Hi, document CALs gives access per document and user, so if a user has to acces 3 documents, the same user consumes 3 document licenses.

There is another way of licensing (User CALs) wich is based on licenses per user, so each user only consumes 1 license and can access any number of documents.

If I remember it right, in terms of prrices, an user CALs gets cheaper than document CALs when an user access more than 3 documents.

Not applicable
Author

Well 10x for your rply but how can i remember the name of the old projecT ???

so i need to start from zero ...

what a mess i didn't knew i can't delete a project

now i have to understand where the other cal's are gone ...

where can i found some docs aobut how to reset the licenze ?

many thanks'

Omar

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Sushil i don0t see any attachment...

Not applicable
Author

the problem is not about the cost cause i've bought 20 cal's for 5 user ... so is not a solutions buy some new licenze .. i should already have them

10x

rubenmarin

Hi, I'm just advising that the number of users is not enough when Document CALs are used. One user accesing 20 different documents can consume the 20 licenses. 5 Users accesing 4 documents each can consume the 20 licenses.

If this is not the case, most probably is about deleting documents with licenses assigned, maybe you can find in the logs the name of the old documents, I remember there was an app that returns the name of document with the licenses assigned.

I didn't found that app, but I found this one: License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw  (I haven't tested it)

Not applicable
Author

That attached file it's there, try again.

Basically, if you add the line:

PgoAsXmlAlso=1

Under the Qlikview Server configuration file, which most likely can be found in: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini"

and you restart Qlikview Services, you are going to get a xml file: CalData.pgo.xml in your Root Folder (the one where you publish your apps).

In such file you'll find the association between users and documents. Actually it's the definition of all Named and Document CALs, which is pretty useful in case like this one.

Nevertheless, always take off licenses before you delete or rename documents.

Regards,

Santiago.