Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense dimensionless table - death spiral

In working on a Qlik Sense Table Object I managed to make Qlik Sense spiral into an error that may be unrecoverable.   The sheet is rendered unworkable and any objects on it cannot be recovered. 

I was creating a table that was intended to be dimensionless.  Creating such a table is actually pretty cumbersome.  I tried to create a variation that summed all of the data into a dimension field. However, this appeared to cause Qlik Sense to spiral into some kind of infinite loop.  It spins 'forever' with a 'Cancel' button in the middle of the table.

Clicking the 'Cancel' button seemed a good way to escape. Unfortunately, clicking the 'Cancel' button caused a popup that said 'Data update was cancelled' with the only option a button labeled 'Retry'.  Clicking the 'Retry' button brings Qlik Sense back to the spinner with the 'Cancel' button, and the cycle simply repeats.

Closing the 'sheet' window and re-opening it results in a repeat of the infinite load.  The same is true of closing the app or Qlik Sense altogether and re-opening it.  All objects within the sheet cannot be edited. The entire app is rendered unworkable.

The sheet becomes a minefield.   Opening it instantly locks up Qlik Sense.  Is there a way to interrupt the attempted load and recover?  Ver 2.2.4 Build:60.release/ms15.

2 Replies
gdebeer
Contributor II
Contributor II

Have you tried opening the app without data? In the hub, right click on the app and choose "Open without data".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good suggestion.  Alas!  Opening without data and selecting the errant sheet still causes the infinite 'Cancel->Retry' loop.