Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjbom1990
Creator
Creator

More than 1 (stacked)barchart without dimensions?

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a pickle. The requirements for a dashboard I am making are very specific. They have different time periods which are not available as a dimension, for example, Year-2, Year-1, YearMonth to date and Year.

To be able to present them the way they want I have to create 4 separate stacked bar charts, then strip them of legends etc, size them all correctly, Rangemax on all for etc. A nightmare.

Is there a way to make fake dimensions or is there any other way to put 4 'unrelated' stacked graphs into one chart?

the current method is ugly, doesnt work properly, high maitenance and doesnt work with pop up values because overlapping graphs.

thanks in advance!Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Jasper, I supossed that each segment of each bar has the same expression, like if each color represent a department or a company.

If you really need a different espression for each color I think it should be a little different but... you really have a different expression for each color?

I made a simple sample, the same calculated dimension and as expression:

Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo $(=Year(Today()))', 1), Dual('Ultimo $(=Year(Today())-1)', 2)),

//1st expr

// 2nd Expr

)

So each color of the first bar has '1' and the 2nd bar has a value of '2' for each color

1.jpg

Instead of '1' or '2', it should have the same expression and only changing set analisys in each expression so it corresponds to the bar label (this year, lat year, ...)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can either use ValueList or an Island Table to create synthetic dimensions

ValueList() – For those tricky situations

Missing Manual - ValueLoop() & ValueList()

I could not find anything on Island Table approach, but they essentially work the same way as ValueList, with one major difference that Value list if synthetic, while Island Table create a field which is totally unrelated to all the other fields in your application.

rubenmarin

Hi Jasper, another option is using ValueList to create the dimension values... but in each expression you will need to have the expression for each of the dimension values.

In example the dimension can be:

=ValueList(Dual('Ultimo $(=Year(Today()))', 1), Dual('Ultimo $(=Year(Today())-1)', 2))

The expression thing can be done using:

Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo $(=Year(Today()))', 1), Dual('Ultimo $(=Year(Today())-1)', 2)),

//Expression for 1st bar

//Expression for 2nd bar

)

Not clean or elegant but it can work.

jjbom1990
Creator
Creator
Author

rubenmarin as it is a stacked graph, am I correct in assuming that for one period (value) the following things need to be done?

Calculated dimension:

=ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 2), 1), Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 2), 2))

Expressions:

=Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 2), EXPRESSION1.1

=Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 2), EXPRESSION1.2

=Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 2), EXPRESSION1.3

=Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 1), EXPRESSION2.1

=Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 1), EXPRESSION2.2

=Pick(ValueList(Dual('Ultimo  '& $(=Max(Kalender.Jaar) - 1), EXPRESSION2.3

Or am I not interpretering it right?

rubenmarin

Hi Jasper, I supossed that each segment of each bar has the same expression, like if each color represent a department or a company.

If you really need a different espression for each color I think it should be a little different but... you really have a different expression for each color?

I made a simple sample, the same calculated dimension and as expression:

//1st expr

// 2nd Expr

)

So each color of the first bar has '1' and the 2nd bar has a value of '2' for each color

1.jpg

Instead of '1' or '2', it should have the same expression and only changing set analisys in each expression so it corresponds to the bar label (this year, lat year, ...)

jjbom1990
Creator
Creator
Author

I got it working thank you very much!