Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Virtual memory error.

i am getting following error.

OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 2 mb

17 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Can you elaborate further on how are you getting that error? Try disabling expressions and removing dimensions in a chart to debug where the issue is.

Hope that helps.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Even I faced this error long back. This sort of error will arise,

when you run out of memory. or use use improper joining.

Try to resolve the join issue and also try to upgrate your developemenr machine's RAM

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

i used to get this error when ever i reload the data .

In my straight table i have expression and dimentions. I have only one join that is based on the column name. I dont have any complex join. In expression i am using the is statement to get the sum of a particular column based on the date range. So i don think i have any complex expression.In dimention field also i have the displaying the column based on the selected date range.

Any suggetion. Do i need to have some setting change.

Not applicable
Author

i have just one join based on the column name . I am working on 2GB RAM computer.

Do i need to change any setting??

Thanks for ur concern

Not applicable
Author

How large is the dashboard on disk? compressed or not?

Not applicable
Author

How to see that my dashboard is compressed or not??

Not applicable
Author

Any way i need those expression for displaying in the straight table.

And in expression also i am just using if statement to get the data for the selected date range.

How do i remove my error ??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to Settings menu, Document Properties, General tab, "Save format" section, "Compression".

Regards.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Vikas Kumar Singh wrote:And in expression also i am just using if statement to get the data for the selected date range
How do i remove my error ??

Probably using a set analysis instead of an If() conditional will work, but without knowing how have you coded the expression is hard to know.

Regards.