Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering Data

Hi,

I have a filter pane which has Date values and this filters a table which shows the Users present at a location on that day.

But, I want to show those users who were NOT present on that day. How is this possible using Qlik Sense?

Thanks,

Srijhari

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You must use the set analysis to achieve what you want.

You can refer to help.Qlik.Com for more info on Set analysis.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks a lot! But how do I do this if I do not have a measure? I cannot use set analysis for dimensions right?

Thanks,

Srijhari

rittermd
Master
Master

Click on the name of the filter and the menu will appear.

You will see ... (3 dots)

Click on that and choose Select Excluded.

This should then pick everything in the filter that was not already chosen.  So if you had Mary picked and Tom and Steve not picked.  When you do this you will have Tom and Steve picked and not Mary.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

That is not exactly what I was looking for. Suppose, I have a filter 'Month' with values Jan, Feb, March and a straight table with a list of users who use a particular website, say X, Y, Z.

So in Jan if X used the website and Y and Z did not, upon selecting Jan, I want only Y and Z to show up in my table.

The solution you mentioned, selects Feb, March instead of Jan, which is not I want.

Please let me know if there is a solution to the above problem.

Thanks for the help!

Srijhari

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Concat({<Dates=E({$})>} DISTINCT Dates)

The E() set returns the list of excluded values.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

How to I hide the contents of the column? It is returning strange values. Also, how should I do the above process for multiple filter panes?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Srijhari

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I changed little bit the QVF file for better visualization in   PIVOT TABLE

My new sheet:

FILTER PANE :

If you select date : 07.02.2016 (MM.DD.YYYY)                        (  user:CA)

PIVOT TABLE :

the users and location  not in the date 07.02.2016 can be seen in the pivot table

rittermd
Master
Master

Why can't you do what I said against the website filter (X,Y,Z)?  Then you would see the excluded values from Jan. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Seems like this is working for one filter. How can I do this for multiple filters? Say Date, Month, Hour etc.?

Also, I want to hide one of the columns. Is it possible?

Thank you so much for the help!

Regards,

Srijhari