Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Virtual memory error.

i am getting following error.

OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 2 mb

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thanks for your reply.Following is the if statement i am using in expression. That i have used in my straight table.

=(IF( ((DATE(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY')>=DATE#(Start_Date,'MM/DD/YYYY')) and( DATE(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY')<=DATE#(End_Date,'MM/DD/YYYY'))),

SUM(APPT_CNT)))

In dimention also i am using the same if statement to display the crdt(created date) for the seleted date range.

Like this I have 8 espression .

Please help me out.

I am displaying the sum of appt_cnt for a particular date range . Start_Date and End_Date is coming from the calender control.

I am displaying the sum of appt_cnt for a particular date range . Start_Date and End_Date is coming from the calender control.

In dimention also i am using the same if statement to display the crdt(created date) for the seleted date range.

Like this I have 8 espression .

Please help me out.

Not applicable
Author

Save format Compression is High in my case.

Not applicable
Author

You can increase the size of Virtual Memory. Virtual memory should be (Generally) 1.5 times the size of RAM. Basically it is the part of the Secondary disk which the computer uses when it runs out of Phisycal RAM.

To increase Windows Virtual Memory

1. Right-Click My Computer

2. Go to Properties

3. Go to Advance Tab

4. Go to Performance > Settings

5. Go to Advance Tab

6. Go to Virtual Memory > Change

7. Select drive you want to use for Virtual Memory

8. Select Custom size

8.1. Generally Initial Size should be 2 G and Maximum size should be 1.5 Times your RAM.

9. Set > OK > Apply > OK (Save Everything)

10. You need to restart the computer

Check if your problem is solved. If no try to increase the Virtual Memory a little more.

I Hope this works out.

All the Best

Rajeev Sontakey ( rajeevmeets@gmail.com )

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for my point no#8.1

8.1 Please note that the initial size should be Half of RAM and Maximum should be 1.5 times of RAM.

suniljain
Master
Master

what is the data volume ?.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The first I'd do is to do the CRDT Date transformation in the script

TableLabel: LOAD ..., Date(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY') AS CRDT, ...

And similar with your variables (not in the script, but in the place where their values are changed, a slider calendar object, likely. The easier the format is the faster the expression will perform.

Besides, regardless of some other hardware/computer issues, your expression above (as any using a conditional) may cause a poor performance in the chart rendering. It may be not the cause of your problem but I'd give a shot to the following expression using set analysis instead:

SUM({< CRDT = {"=DATE(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY') >= DATE(DATE#(Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY')))", "=DATE(CRDT, 'MM/DD/YYYY') <= DATE(DATE#(End_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY')))"} >} APPT_CNT)

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am also getting this error when loading and joining 6 tables from an access database. But in my case it is not QlikView's fault.

My dataload works fine when I use an ODBC connection previously set up in ODBC Manager like this

ODBC CONNECT TO [MyDataSourceName;DBQ=my.accdb;];

But when I use OLEDB connection like this

CONNECT TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=my.accdb;];

I get the out of memory error.

As far as QliKView is concerned both approaches are loading the same amount of data and performing the same joins etc. One driver works , the other (older!!) driver doesn't.

There may be more to this error message than meets the eye

Not applicable
Author

size of data.. number of rows