Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why my variables do not update charts? Qlik Sense

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem with my Bar chart in Qlik Sense. I have 2 dimensions (Line of Service, and Staff Level where each of 4 Lines of Service has 4 Staff Levels). So my bar chart has 4 sections each of them is comprised of 4 bars, and I count a certain metric. What I am trying to do is have a button with one of the extensions (I tried a few) where based on the value of this button (1 or 0), I can either eliminate the second dimension by replacing it with '-' (this will allow to calculate overall metric for entire Line of Service) or display a detailed view as described above.

So my formula for second dimension is something like this: if(vButton = 1, '-', B_Staff_Level)

I checked with Table that as I click the button, the value of the variable changes, however the Chart does not change... Please help me..

If I do the same with filter, it works fine; just load in a separate table not linked to any other table with 1 and 0 as rows and update chart based on their value. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use $(vChartButton1) instead of vChartButton1:

if($(vChartButton1) = 1, 'Average', [Staff Level])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post an example app that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying! Please see attached a simplified dashboard and 2 extensions I tried.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use $(vChartButton1) instead of vChartButton1:

if($(vChartButton1) = 1, 'Average', [Staff Level])

Not applicable
Author

I don't know what to say, you are a lifesaver! I am surprised that no $ works for Table but not for Graph, I guess that threw me off. Thanks a million