Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III

How to pick latest moment on a day and lose rest of records?

I have a table with multiple accountnumbers. Here is only one, of many more. As you can see, there can be several mutations in the Cumulative amount per day. What I want is a table that lists just one day at a time, with the cumulative amount that was present at the latest time of that day. The rest can be discarded.

Any help would be much appreciated!

20 Replies
hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

To be honest, I was under the impression that the only way of including a field in an aggregation, which is not part of the aggregation, but for purposes of preserving it, is using the only() function... If that is not the case, I guess you should blame my lack of QV experience...

marcus_sommer

Try:

T2:
NoConcatenate
Load %DossierNr,
%ClaimVlgnr,
Ranking,
[Res. aanmaakdatum],
Schadecategorie as
Categorie,
sum([Reserve bedrag in €]) as [Reserve bedrag in €]
Resident T1 Group by %DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, Ranking, [Res. aanmaakdatum], Schadecategorie;
Drop table T1;

// Stap 2: determine per day lowest ranking (latest day moment)

T3:
load %DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, date(floor([Res. aanmaakdatum])) as [Res. aanmaakdatum], [Res. aanmaakdatum] as Timestamp resident T2;
inner join (T3)

load %DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, timestamp(max(Timestamp)) as Timestamp resident T3 group by %DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, [Res. aanmaakdatum];

- Marcus

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Wouldn't I lose [Reserve bedrag in €] that way? (My original cumulative amt)

marcus_sommer

Then add these field to T3:

T3:
load

%DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, date(floor([Res. aanmaakdatum])) as [Res. aanmaakdatum],

[Res. aanmaakdatum] as Timestamp, [Reserve bedrag in €]
resident T2;
inner join (T3)

load %DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, timestamp(max(Timestamp)) as Timestamp resident T3 group by %DossierNr, %ClaimVlgnr, [Res. aanmaakdatum];

- Marcus

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Marcus, it worked like a charm. Thank you ever so much. Would you please be so kind as to explain what your script exactly does and why I should not use only()?!?

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hans,

Is this any good for you?

Account# =Date(Floor(Date)) Timestamp(Max(Date)) FirstSortedValue(Line#,-Date) FirstSortedValue(CumAmount,-Date)
10010014-7-20164-7-2016 07:15:3011400
10010012-7-20162-7-2016 17:10:112-
10010011-7-20161-7-2016 15:10:2551350

Cheers

Andrew

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, that might well work, but I was looking for a scripting solution. Nevertheless, thank you very much!

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

...most probably because of the problems Marcus mentioned in his thread...

effinty2112
Master
Master

Sorry Hans, I really should read questions with more care!

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nonsense, don't be sorry - any response was more than welcome!!