Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Measure filter and graphs

Hi all,

Last week I did a graph that calculated cost/income. I hade issues with having it still present all units when I selected a Branch. This was solved using this code:

Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}Cost)/Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}income)

Now I added a Measure filter so that I can switch between Cost/income and Income/Assets.

if( only(Measure)='C/I',

Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}Cost)/Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}income),

if( only(Measure)='Earnings',

Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}income)/Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}assets)

However, when I do this the graph no longer keeps all units when one is selected like it did without the measure filter.

Anyone knows how to fix my graph so that it keeps all units and can work with my measure filter?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

If(Only({<Unit, Region, Branch>}Measure)='C/I',

If(Only({<Unit, Region, Branch>}Measure)='Earnings',

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much! That solved it

Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

Your fix seems to work but I face another issue.

I added another ratio. Profitability:

If(Only({<Unit, Region, Branch>}Measure)='Profitability',

(Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}income)-Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}cost)) * 0.77/Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}assets)

Now when I do different filterings units, regions and branches sometimes disappears and only the selected one is shown. Especially when I filter customers on for example Gender. So in the graph that should present one of the ratios for each of the 4 Units now only presents the selected one.

Is there a good explaination to why this happens?

Thanks!

sunny_talwar

I am not entirely sure I understand what is happening. Would you be able to elaborate or provide a sample to show the issue?

Not applicable
Author

So I have 5 filters (4 dimensions and 1 measure). I have 3 graphs but let's stick to one of them. That graph should show all 4 possible units at all times but change ratio dependent on the measure filter and the value dependent on the 4th dimension Type. I use this code:

Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}income)/Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}assets),

If(Only({<Unit, Region, Branch>}Measure)='Profitability',

(Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}income)-Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}cost)) * 0.77/Sum({<Unit, Region, Branch>}assets)

It is a simple bar chart. It looks ok to start but then only 1 of the 4 units are shown when I filter. Furthermore, it could be that for one of the measures it works but not for the others. To make it even more weird, it seems like it sometimes work and sometimes not without me even changing anything. The picture below shows 4 scenarios. Stuff stops working for one of the measurements (pic 3) as well as if I start filtering by type (pic 4).

Qlik issue.jpg