Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Divide by 2 Variables

I have two variables.... They are both counts of certain criteria. I want to be able to write an expression to divide them. When I write it.... I get a blank line. I know my two variables are working correctly. I put them both in a KPI and the numbers populate.

I wrote my expression like so.... $(vCountPOScode1) / $(v%POScode1)

I'm not sure why this isn't working. Please advise.

40 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you try adding '=' before the RangeSum for both your expressions

Not applicable
Author

Yes, Those both give me the values I've had all along. They are returning numbers to me. I just need them to divide by each other -  which is where I don't receive a value.

Not applicable
Author

I added an = to each variable and tried the following in my gauge....

$(=vCountPOScode0/=v%POScode0)

$(vCountPOScode0/v%POScode0)

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Fine. Change your variable like below,

v%POScode1:

( count({<[Position Code]={12,42}>}SID) + count({<[Sales Manager$.Position Code]={04,41}>}[Sales Manager$.SID]) + count({<[Service Advisor$.Position Code]={13,14,27,40}>}[Service Advisor$.SID]) + count({<[Service Manager$.Position Code]={08,09,17,32,33,35}>}[Service Manager$.SID]) )

vCountPOScode1:

( Count({$<[LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Position Code]={12,42}>}SID) + Count({$<[Sales Manager$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Sales Manager$.Position Code]={04,41}>}[Sales Manager$.SID]) + Count({$<[Service Advisor$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Advisor$.Position Code]={13,14,27,40}>}[Service Advisor$.SID]) + Count({$<[Service Manager$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Manager$.Position Code]={08,09,17,32,33,35}>}[Service Manager$.SID]) )

And try this expression in textbox

$(vCountPOScode1) / $(v%POScode1)

Not applicable
Author

The expressions for the variables work... but the / by variables expression still returns no value. I don't understand what's missing. I have two numbers, which can be divided to give me a value (%) but why won't Qlik Sense recognize it?

Not applicable
Author

Don't give up on me guys. I really need help to figure this out

sunny_talwar

Just out of curiosity, have you tried this

vCountPOScode1/v%POScode1

with and without ('=')

=RangeSum(

Count({<[Position Code]={12,42}>}SID),

Count({<[Sales Manager$.Position Code]={04,41}>}[Sales Manager$.SID]),

Count({<[Service Advisor$.Position Code]={13,14,27,40}>}[Service Advisor$.SID]),

Count({<[Service Manager$.Position Code]={08,09,17,32,33,35}>}[Service Manager$.SID]))

=RangeSum(

Count({$<[LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Position Code]={12,42}>}SID),

Count({$<[Sales Manager$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Sales Manager$.Position Code]={04,41}>}[Sales Manager$.SID]),

Count({$<[Service Advisor$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Advisor$.Position Code]={13,14,27,40}>}[Service Advisor$.SID]),

Count({$<[Service Manager$.LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"}, [Service Manager$.Position Code]={08,09,17,32,33,35}>}[Service Manager$.SID]))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

phaneendra.kunche‌ can you please help on this.

Not applicable
Author

Yes. I have edited the variables to the stated about and when I put 'vCountPOScode1/v%POScode1' as the expression in the gauge, it doesn't like the field names so I change it to '$(vCountPOScode1/v%POScode1)' and it doesn't give me any numbers.

Please advise if I am not seeing something correctly. I really appreciate you not giving up on me!

sunny_talwar

Do you see anything in the KPI object when you use variation of your expression in them?